••• The Prodigal Family Needs a New Home!•••

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by G-man, Nov 29, 2004.

?

Which home do you think would be the best choice for the growing Prodigal family?

1. [URL=http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=p293a] Dream Home #1 10,600 sq. ft. [IMG]http://tinypic.com/p

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. [URL=http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=p29eq] Dream Home #2 9,800 sq. ft. [IMG]http://tinypic.com/p2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. [URL=http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=p29v8] Dream Home #3 6,882 sq. ft. [IMG]http://tinypic.com/p

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [URL=http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=p2a3d] Dream Home #4 5,697 sq. ft. [IMG]http://tinypic.com/p

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

:confused:.... I did specify width :blush:

I shall have to do some hunting ;)... I HAD some window candles (only have 1 left) that were designed with a nifty half-tray that would probably work for your windows.... wait - I'll take a pic and post it - and see if there's any brand name info for you ;)... The ones I have now have a very narrow base and light sensors.. I still see them on the shelves at Wal-Mart from time to time and buy spares... they're not the greatest quality (light sensors go) but they're under $3 each so I shan't complain! I DO replace the bulbs in the Wal-mart ones with a lower wattage cooler-burning bulb.... candles should "glow" in the night... Not flood the front yard!

...in room ambient music systems... try www.putumayo.com for some really interesting multicultural collections to help pull off the feel you mentioned earlier :) I have this one in now....

and I TRULY dislike overhead lights... can we do a diffused light throughout? My favorite is a large crown-molding look that doesn't completely hit the ceiling so that lights can be hidden within... but that's just one possible effect...
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2004
  2. alcozma

alcozma 'Cozi from Ozi

...yea, we must have a swimming pool with a waterslide :D.... I'm a lil water baby :D
    .....and plenty of pet entertainment area for all our lil chum's to play together :D
    ....I want one of those trampolines that are dug into the ground too - an olympic size one :D
  3. Sk8er

Sk8er Vegitatum davenportae

i swear id feel like i was on some tv show in any of those...being stalked...by crazy people...but wait, the crazy people are already in the house.....*glares*
  4. jeaniesing

OH! let's combine some of those ideas...

[​IMG]

..making, of course, a lake a bit of a necessity...
  5. Nyxan

Nyxan It wont hurt for long Staff Member Moderator

well Si and Pol can use my torture chamber to have their daily workout and I'll provide my own secret entrance...after all its supposed to be a secret...and the silo wont house any missiles..their so yersterday.....I'll be making a few modifications...to accomodate my new arsenal mmwwwhhaaaaaa
  6. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Great ideas everyone! ... and yup, I do believe a lake is certainly necessary. :) ...and Sk8er do ya' think we also need at least one padded room? :laugh:
  7. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

How about a nice private theater where we can watch our movies?
  8. G-man

Absolutely! I've already got the old-fashioned popcorn trolley! :)
    Not to mention the old projector, theatre seating... and such... from the current abode.
  9. vbrio

vbrio Lavander Lassie Staff Member Moderator

hmmm..looks like the plans are coming together for the new house....

yup a lake is much better than a pool, as we don't have to clean it :laugh: we just have to keep it clean

would the library be as big as the one in "Beauty and the beast" ?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  10. G-man

Well how do you feel about a "pool boy" though, Vbrio? :smart: :laugh: *I thought so!*
    Personally, I'm a rather neat and organised sort but I know my limitations and I know that I need a pro to clean my place! I'm not talkin' 'bout a live in maid or anything... just not my style and I like my privacy... but I do need a good cleaning in here say once a week or so... so... I see nothing wrong with a pool and a lake. But I have a lake and... it does have to be cleaned... and ya' gotta' keep everything evened out as far as plants and fish... go... or it can get really outa' hand. I can't remember the library in B & the B... it was probably bigger than mine that I'm in at this very moment I'm certain! This one is just perfect for one though. ;)
  11. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

You have to clean your lake? :confused:

It must be a smaller lake or something...
  12. jeaniesing

nahh.... unless its a natural and long-existing lake that has a bit of a current and balance you usually have to pay attention to algae and other little details...
  13. G-man

Yup. ...there was just a lil' gang of cattails standin' around a lil' puddle when the Prodigals first moved in here... ;)
  14. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Weird :crazy: I never knew that, but I don't live near any lakes either :p
  15. jeaniesing

Even the high-tech lake creators cannot always win... There is a local flood control lake (Army Corps of Engineers) that, while beautiful, is too acidic for fish to breed... the waterskiiers don't mind that no-one fishes it ;)
  16. G-man

...and then there's the occasional restricted fish that makes it's way into your lil' lake... either by swimming, flopping, walking (?) or by... *looks around paranoid-ly* ...conspiritor ;) ...and just wreaks havoc! Didya' know the Army Corps of Engineers have been fighting a relatively unknown war against a snakehead fish in Lake Michigan for some 5 years now? I believe we'll certainly need some computers and all sorts of cool, geeky, techie toys for this lake. ...and not just 'cause all that stuff is really cool! ;)
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  17. jeaniesing

and are they "tiger oysters" in most of the freshwater in the NE Us??
  18. G-man

Oh, ya' mean the Tiger Oyster wristwatch right? :laugh2:
  19. jeaniesing

:confused:.... maybe its the tiger mollusk? There were warnings and pictures back at all the boat launches when I was an avid boater...
  20. G-man

Ah... so it's not the Rolex then? So do these things attack boaters then? :ah: :p