••...You KNOW its COLD when...••

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jeaniesing, Feb 2, 2004.

1. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

This morning my schedule was slightly disrupted by hubby.... I washed my hands in the downstairs bathroom and went straight to the back door to let the Cinderbaby out. Lo and yeeouch my damp hand STUCK to the doornob of the back door.....*stupid conductive properties of metal* total tongue on flagpole flashback!! .... and y'know what makes it worse? Last night's -7F was balmy compared to what we've had lately....
  2. Black_Kat

Black_Kat Horny Hornist

***You definitely know it's cold when the cuddleable Prodigal Mommies get their hand stuck to a doorknob! :laugh:***
    :p Yours was a bit less painful than my experience...
    I walked out the door Saturday morning and my dad dropped my sister's clarinet case down the wall as he tried to shut the door behind himself...it shook the wall and a mini (thank goodness!) icicle landed atop my head, broke, and rolled in pieces down my back (it must've cracked on the metal plate :confused: ) For the first time that morning, I was truly awake...running around the deck hopping trying to get the ice cubes out of my hair and pants... :laugh:
    You also know it's cold when you look at the temperature readings saying the low will be -3 and the high will be 4 :rolleyes:
    You also know it's cold when you sing "We're havin' a heat wave!" with chattering teeth...:hit:
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  3. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

Never had the pleasure of experiencing it myself but I read somewhere that you know it's cold when:

- the shoes you left on the porch are frozen stiff in the morning;
    - your nosehairs freeze when you breathe in;
    - while walking, your legs actually freeze solid;
    - your face feels as if you just left the dentist.

Is it true? :confused:
  4. Sk8er

Sk8er Vegitatum davenportae

If that was the case the left hand side of my brian would still be in tact.
  5. SteveGleadel

SteveGleadel New Member

You sure know it's cold when you're in the water shouting "Come back" to the Titanic at 2 in the morning!!!! hehe...........God Bless their souls.
  6. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

welll... the shoe thing? We've learned not to leave'em on the porch... the neighborhood wildlife tend to take refuge in 'em.... ....you think I'm kidding don't you..... not this time!

and the leg thing? Mine've never frozen solid... but they have felt like the dentist entirely missed my mouth with that novacaine shot!

the nosehairs and face... yeahhhh.... been there done that! (not kidding this time either.... )
  7. zloty

zloty New Member

your lucky id rarther it freezing like that then the 38degrees we're experiencing here in australia =(