$500,000 US bounty up for grabs!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by G-man, Jan 31, 2004.

?

IS YOUR COMPUTER PROTECTED?

1. Yes! :)

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No! :ah:

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

[COLOR=660099]How to make $500,000 US! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=3366cc]Your mission, should you choose to accept it. Provide information leading to the capture of the writer of the Mydoom worm. [/COLOR]

Microsoft and SCO are both offering a $250 K reward for information leading to the capture and arrest of the creator.

AKA Norvarg, Shimgapi, Mimail.R...

What does it look like? An error message with the main text in the form of an attachment. The attachment is 22.5 Kb with any of the following file extensions: .bal, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

What we know:

Russia is 82% likely to be the origin of the worm (possibly from mafia ties and spam syndicates).

The virus is programmed to launch an attack on the SCO website on February 1st and will continue to spread until February 12th.

Currently over 600,000 computers have become infected worldwide.

The Mydoom computer virus was overtaking the Sobig.F bug as the largest virus outbreak. Mydoom clogged the Internet with some 100 million infected e-mails in its first 36 hours.

Computers running any of the latest versions of Microsoft's Windows operating system are at risk of being infected.

The author apparently signed the worm with the name "Andy" and left the message: "I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry."

Mydoom spreads through e-mail attachments and downloads from the popular Kazaa file-sharing service.

Over 40 percent of the Internet traffic now consists of infected e-mails generated by the first Mydoom virus, and it's still spreading.

If you haven't done so already go here to find how you can protect your computer...
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.asp

This message will self-destruct in five seconds.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  2. X-Factor

X-Factor vvv Look it's Billy Hunt!

well, pretty much ur gonna have to hack a bit to figure out ip, get location, figure out user, and by the time you do this, how many laws have you broken? is it really worth the $500,000, that you'll prolly end up paying to a defense team?
  3. vinsanity

vinsanity $¢®ëWëзµÞ

:laugh: :slap:

$500,000 can buy me 3125000 chicken nuggets :rock:
  4. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

That's some serious nuggetage... ;)

*wonders if he turns himself in if he'll still get the reward*
  5. 1Prodigy

1Prodigy New Member

Ha-ha-ha! Does the $500,000 include the B version or the inevitable updated version with all the bugs fixed? I have no money, but I know a "money man" who can help me invest that amount (after taxes, of course!) when I discover the culprit's identity and have it working for me while I return my focus to keeping my face in the books. ;)
  6. - Da Ville -

- Da Ville - HOME OF THE BEATS

heheh.. now they're all white meat at McD's. make's me wonder what the hell they were before, considering they looked white before. fast food scares me sometimes.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  7. G-man

I'm pretty certain they are made from chicken for the most part (although I believe they use soy protein as well or did) otherwise would you find a McNugget that looked like this? ...at least they aren't wasteful!:laugh2:

notice the Arkansas quarter LOL!:laugh:
  8. G-man

9. ski_power

ski_power Quark

$500,000 can buy me a lot of things (Xbox, PS2, GBA SP, mobile phones, a fast computer, around 450000 McPuffs, or 5x10^4 Pringles)