A Final Boss Theme

Discussion in 'Original Music' started by Choray, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Choray

Choray New Member

Hiya!

I mess around with Anvil Studio, and now and then it results in something decent. Thought I'd share this one, I like it. ^^

Some background info... I also play with the idea of making my own RPG, which is mostly an excuse to make plots and music. This here would be the final boss theme in one of my stories, should I ever actually get that far (which is unlikely).

In the battle before this one, the player's party kills the one person that means the most to the villain, making him snap and attack them in a fit of rage. What I want with this piece is to convey his feelings towards the party, his desperation and, at the same time, sadness. In a way, I want the player to pity him a little, although still be focused on finishing him.

Of course, I also tried to sneak in a little bit of that "epic final battle" feel. =3

http://www.divshare.com/download/6535301-446

Any thoughts to share with me?
  2. Cornet Nev

Cornet Nev New Member

Hi, like you I am new here, and this is two months down the line from your posting, I do hope you get to read this.
    Stop thinking of role playing games, you can write music, that is more important in my estimation. I congratulate you in creating this fast moving piece, and a good and intelligent use of percussion throughout. My only grumble is it needs a good ending, whether this was not intended I don't know, but the file just cut off and that was it sort of thing. Otherwise I like it.
    Also you said you use Anvil Studio, I reckon if you paid out the not too expensive a price for "Band in a Box" you could do even better. But considering the work you put in, it just shows what can be done with such a simple free program that Anvil Studio is.
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
  3. envique09

envique09 New Member

I used to have a Final Fantasy female theme which was I think all or most of the females themes mixed together, but I lost it and cant find it. Does anyone know where to find it or have heard of it? Its a really cool song.

Saniku
  4. gold5127

gold5127 Guest