a ? from an uber-noob.

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by dijohn, Aug 31, 2003.

1. dijohn

dijohn New Member

hola!

i've been using strictly hardware for aboot 3 years now (with which i've become pretty savvy, for the most part) -

however, upon the inborn need to expand possibilities, i've been toying with the idea of integrating soft synths & samplers to my rig.

here in lies the problem. i'm clueless! currently i'm using an mc505 for my main sequencer along with a sp303 & some keys for shits 'n giggles. i've pretty much pushed these units to their proverbial limits (don't get me wrong, i've stumbled upon many a happy creative accident with them) & i'm trying to gather ideas on where to go.

cutting to the chase: i'm looking for sequencing software that i can integrate various soft synths (like absynth, kontakt, NI stuff) as well as pretty much whatever i want - & what i really want is something that has that hardware feel - where i can do some live arranging (i rarely use any sort of step-recording) and just tap things in intuitively with an oxygen 8, or something (ease of use also being a tremendous priority). + maybe even something that i can manipulate my current hardware with also.. something to replace the 505 as the core component.

i have sonar 2.2xl (using it for recording occasionally), but have no idea how to use it as a sequencer (or if it's feasable for what i'm doing).

i've yet to stumble on anything that has even a nice arpeggiator (i like the 505's) ... at least by my noobesque observational skills.

with the myriad of software out there, i'm overwhelmed & confused (yikes!).

anyhue - to put an end to this tangent, any ideas (ideal software, tutorials, anything?) i'm open for ANY random suggestion at this point - & sorry for being so vague.

danke,

dion
    :confused2
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2003
  2. dijohn

dijohn New Member

welperoonie..

i've fallen in lub w/ fl 4 .. soft synth rapture ... yum.

:eek: