About posting midi

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by wingshan, Nov 24, 2004.

1. wingshan

wingshan New Member

Hi! I'm a new member,
    I want to know if I've got a new midi from a website and want to post it,
    but there is no request in the forum,
    where should I post it correctly? Original midi or Request??
  2. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

just post it in the request forum, like ur filling your own request. I'll move the other one for u ;)
  3. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Although we appreciate your eagerness, the request forum is an attempt to keep MB from becoming an extension of everyone's hard drives. If there isn't a request we would appreciate your not posting it until there is.

The "New Songs" forum might apply if the real song (as opposed to the MIDI rendition) was released within the past year or is in the top 40... but we've been kinda ignoring that forum for a while because its nearly impossible to research every piece members want to post....

The "Originals" forum only applies to pieces that you have composed and arranged yourself... stuff that no-one but your captive family and friends have heard before ;).
  4. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

Um, Jeanie, in case u havent noticed, this place is dead. Its hardly being overloaded with midis. The request forum gets moved to Filled Requests and deleted anyway. So whats the harm.

wingshan, here is my new response to ur original question. - Just post it at freshmidis http://freshmidis.uni.cc/forum/

Put it in Requests or New Songs(if it is new) It will be appreciated there. :)
  5. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I agree with post #2: just make a request for the peace, then reply with the song, just like you filled your own request. :D

Only thing would be to search the HitTrax database before posting to ensure it isn't already in there, as the forum rules say this.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2004