Adding a measure in cakewalk??

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by jeaniesing, Dec 5, 2002.

1. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I'm at a loss... It's a basic function, adding a measure at the beginning or in the middle of a piece, but I can't see where to do it in cakewalk..... Can anyone clue me in??
  2. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

The way I'm used to thinking and doing this is to select all events after measure x, then Edit->Slide selected events forward one measure. Does that make sense?
  3. Stilcrazy

Stilcrazy Just a Regular Midi Guy

Makes sense to me ... and better yet it works ... thanks
  4. jeaniesing

yeah and nay..... for instance - If I've changed my mind and want to make a 8 bar interlude at measure 50 - but I didn't start/stop to create a break in the line AT measure 50 (am I making sense??) then when I "Select" the event it selects the material in that line before and after measure 50...... or am I missing something>?
  5. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

I think I understand. In my version of Cakewalk (6.0), I would set the time to the point where I want to start the insert (measure 50:1.000), that is GoTo->Time, then Edit->Select->From Now. That selects all events that start on or after that time (you can adjust the time a few ticks before measure 50 if you've got some upbeat stuff right before it). Then do Edit->Slide, choose 8 measures, and that should do it.

Holler if it doesn't work ;).
  6. Jobu

Jobu New Member

To select the point to start from I find it easier to highlight all the tracks then click the measure of the point I want to start at. Hit F9 and it will selct everything after that point (F10 selects everything before and you can use a combination of F9/F10 to select a middle portion).
  7. jeaniesing

<sigh>... I see part of my problem now...... the version of CW I was using on that machine is made for touch screens and doesn't have "slide"..... ah well....

Thanks All!