After your done sequencing?

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by jonfinch22, Sep 18, 2004.

1. jonfinch22

jonfinch22 New Member

I was just curious how many of you, after you are done making a midi file, go the extra length to improve the sound... most midi's I hear sound very very computerized... granted that is expected, but there are ways to make it sound more professional, and studio sound... and for fun you can add in other wav tracks along with your midid, such as additional live recording, instrumental or vocal...
    put your file in cubase and save it as a wav file.. and then throw it into a program such as cool edit pro, where you can add effects, and real sound.... you would be amazed how cool you can get your midi sounding.... I have a file in the origianls board of "In the end" by linkin Park, and it sounds better than the typical free midi's you find for ring tones, or on midi search sites... look it up and let me know what you think... it's saved as a zip file because it is inside that saved as an mp3..
    later
    Have fun..
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

I think it would be fair to say that building a midi sequence is only one step towards a finished product (at least, where music is concerned - I'm not interested in ringtones) and that anyone really involved would not stop at the midi file.
  3. -=BLADE=-

-=BLADE=- Omnipotent Metal God

When i've finished sequencing I usually slap the midi through "wingroove" to improve the sound slightly, this gives me a .wav file. I then convert this to MP3. As simple as chips.