Andy from MSOD must be going CRAZY

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Coyote, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Coyote

Coyote New Member

Andy's "#1 MSOD" site has been bumped all the way down to 5th place on the Top 219 MIDI list. I bet he's going nuts. I'd almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a rude kid. If his site wasn't such a pop-up hell I'd even visit it once in a while.

But I'm a little concerned about the first five sites all being owned by the same guy. Is that fair? If he has that much traffic I guess there's nothing wrong with it.

I sure wish there were some other big file archives around though. If MIDI Database ever goes down we'll lose access to thousands of songs. Everybody else got closed down :( even MIDI Buddy ...
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

Looks to me like Andy is occupied with other things at the moment. No one goes to his site anymore and he just lost interest. I could be wrong...

About the top sites... Keith is a respected member of the MIDI community. He has the only free database left. IF there are others they aren't as big or are not popular. Therefor he has the right to put up free sites. Anyone can do it. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I'm ranked like 10 on every list :/ Little help? :D LoL
  3. ANTIO

ANTIO New Member

Why not do something yourself and see how easy or hard it is?I think popups are a small price to pay for free midis
  4. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

::cough:: http://mididb.com no popups ::cough::

In case you were wondering, any popups on MIDIBuddy are from my advertiser, FocusIn. I e-mail them about it to get rid of the popups and it's still pending!! grr.. They don't pay out that much at all.. it's not worth the annoyance.
  5. midimaven

midimaven New Member

FYI, Midimaven.com is usually in the top 5 and it's not owned by that MSOD guy. I own it. Pop-ups suck.

Jim
  6. woodyk

woodyk New Member

I'm not crazy on pop-up's generally, but they do aid when you don't know where you are going.