Another newbie!

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by DWJ, Jan 8, 2003.

1. DWJ

DWJ New Member

I just stumbled across this place while searching for information to get back into midi. I'm an amateur and used to sequence and notate a lot of the piano stuff I composed using a Turtle Beach Pinnacle sound card and the "free" software that came with it. I kind of got away from it and would now like to get back into it. I just got a Roland drum pad so would like to get my computer midi-ready. The Pinnacle card is ISA so I'm looking for a new card and some freeware software to play with. Initially, that's what I hope to learn more about here. That and how to use my drum pad in conjunction with my piano!
  2. cjshiau

cjshiau New Member

I'm new to this too. I've been using Print Music (a watered down version of Finale) to try to write stuff, but I don't have a midi keyboard or anything right now. I'm wondering what sort of equipment do people recommend?
  3. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

go for good old Roland keyboards ;)
  4. thedestroyer

thedestroyer New Member

i recommend noteworthy composer.....the best midi software with no equipment REQUIRED...but it is helpful if u use some
  5. xj911

xj911 We Todd ED Staff Member Moderator

man i don't know anything about music, but i'd love to learn. What's the best way? Classes?
  6. jsaad1986

jsaad1986 New Member

if by music you mean learning the notes.....then that can be done online.......otherwise music is mostly a thing that you teach yourself.....you learn to feel the beats........ lol ... that sounds corny ...... but it is true..... you don't need to learn notes if you want to make a midi .... if you want midi making software e-mail me and i can get you a freeware program called WillowPond Presto Midi Maker..... it's very easy to use ... and you don't need to learn how to read notes.....
  7. BoShea

BoShea New Member

you need to learn how to play instruments, but cant do everything that way, music has to be ur own creativity i think, only so much u can learn
  8. Ralph'e'

Ralph'e' www.ralphe.tk

learn piano.. the best instrument to learn, everything else can easily spawn from thr.. guitar, drums..
  9. aeiou2003

aeiou2003 New Member

how come sometimes i can download and other times it says i need to participate more?
  10. knarf

knarf New Member

want to listen good music .....
    i came here by chance when i was searching in net...
  11. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

That is because some of your trash posts have been deleted
  12. jfalc8

jfalc8 New Member

i use noteworthy composer...because im such an amatuer...haha....i was in band though
  13. kiefer

kiefer New Member

Can anyone recomend a good midi software? I'm new and trying to find out some info. thanks