Anyone ever get this problem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Sage_Turak, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Sage_Turak

Sage_Turak New Member

Everytime i put down my firewall in windows xp it says theres an error with the security and my computer will shut down in 60 seconds and i cant stop it, anyone know how to fix that?
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Could you please be more specific as to what the error is? I require the exact message to be sure whether or not you have been infected with the RPC Blaster worm / LSASS vulnerability.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2004
  3. Farminater

Farminater New Member

lol sounds like blaster worm
  4. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

5. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Why is that so funny? :confused:

Yeah, it's most likely one of those might want to get the latest downloads via Microsoft... if you haven't updated your computer with SP 2 you might wanna' do that too as well as update your virus protection. Microsoft will also mail you the SP 2 at no charge in about a week or so, if you are unable to download it..
  6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Soon enough you will have it, if not already. XP performs what is called a trickle download of the update, meaning it downloads itself a few bytes at a time discretely, and lets you know when it is finished and ready for installation.
  7. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

8. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

SP2 came out on cover disc for various computer mags. Sounds like you do have a worm or virus infection. No doubt you will have sorted it now.
  9. taff

taff New Member

Installed SP2 some time ago and everything ran well until I tried to install a USB multi function device. (Epson all in one printer scanner copier)
    The device would not install on my pc but quite happily installed on my partner's pc - also running XP SP2.
    After a very long and exhausting period of investigation, I discovered that the problem with my pc was the Via chipsets on the motherboard. SP1 included a particular USB patch for Via chipsets but this patch was not included in SP2.
    In order to install the multi function device I had to remove SP2 and revert to SP1.
    The moral of my tale:- SP2 does have its flaws.
  10. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Agreed.