anyone use reason?...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by xamulink, Mar 7, 2003.

1. xamulink

xamulink New Member

I was just wondering if you all use reason and how do u like it. I gave it a shot, but it'll take some time to learn for me.

peace,

Terry
  2. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I haven't heard of it. Is it good?
  3. xamulink

xamulink New Member

It's a really cool program for advanced users, which I am not. I still still fruity loops and acid pro most of the time. I was wondering if anyone else can give me some tips on using reason. Thanx :)

peace,

Terry
  4. nixta

nixta New Member

I use reason and will be getting reason 2.0 for my iBook really soon :p

For those who are novices at musicsoftware programs, reason consists of virtual rack instruments such as a mixer, sythesiser, loop player, matrix sequencer, drum machine and sequencer with onboard effects. It's a whole studio in one program that does not rely on a great deal of processing power or RAM.

It's a beast and you do need around 6months (1 hour a day) to really learn the program, but it's worth it!!!

Download a demo version at:
    www.propellorheads.com

Also, Look out for Live by Ableton its for DJ's and remixers who might want to use software instead of hardware....ya gotta check it out!!
  5. Tycho77

Tycho77 New Member

I got reason, man that program just amazes me (being a programmer). It's really buff, a must see!
  6. diane_b_33594

diane_b_33594 New Member

I checked the program out at our locale music mart, It did look pretty impressive, and complicated..... My son was drooling over it though...
  7. JSable

JSable New Member

I've been just getting into using Reason myself. Straight up, it is one wicked sick proggie!! Just to get me acquanted with it, I've been having fun importing midi files in and setting up the samplers and effects as midi instruments for the song. One thing I highly suggest is, get either the CD or the demo of Sound-O-Tool2 by Pinknoise. It'll make setting up the drum track(s) of the midi file much more easier. It's basicly the first and only GM extension for the NNXT sampler.

JSable
  8. piranha23

piranha23 New Member

9. slas

slas New Member

I have Reason 2 and I use it from time to time and it's really good, but I use Cubase SX in the studio.
  10. c0smosis

c0smosis New Member

Reason

I use reason too, but JSable what exactly is this Sound-O-Tool 2__ ???

Does it work for the redrum as well as the nnXT ???
  11. Saikai7

Saikai7 New Member

Reason refils and Sample cds

I got alot of stuff i am looking to hook up with some one to make some good music
  12. mrZwazoo

mrZwazoo New Member

I started with rebirth, later on I changed to reason (I do siometimes use them both). And I must say: It kicks the behind!
  13. kingdizzy01

kingdizzy01 New Member

i have reason and i must say it is impressive but a little bit comlicated. ive been using it for bout 4 months now. but i still prefer fruity loops. all you need is the right samples and fruityloops can take you far places.
  14. DORUMALAIA

DORUMALAIA New Member

Sorry for my bad english !

I got Reason 2.5 and i can say : is a "must to have" ! Yes , it's not easy to learn to work with this prog , but , i think , a solution is to download songs in rns or rps format (the rns files have in almost all the situations only few kbs !) , and in this mode you can learn more easy how can be used the different modules ! Must to try ! The results 'll be wonderful !
    If you need sond banks (FREE) for this program , can download some from this location :
    http://www.freewebs.com/dorumalaia/myfreerefills.htm
    but don't forget : Reason know to work with many formats , including sf2 , so you can use your sf2 collection to compose songs with this prog !

Doru :)
  15. aser9881

aser9881 New Member

Reason 2.5 is great everyone must have it.
  16. ManE

ManE New Member

Reason 2.5, only alterantive is Cubase with good Virtual Instruments and effect plugins, the one program studio works well when it's Propellerhead making it.
    Anyone see the new Moog emulator?