Anyone using midi Guitar Pickups?

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by besty, Dec 12, 2002.

1. besty

besty New Member

Is anyone out there using guitar pickups for sequencing! i was wondering how good they are and what is the best to use? What are you guys using for your guitar parts in your sequences?
  2. henrym27

henrym27 New Member

me to im curious of the quality

me to im curious of the quality
  3. gldndeal

gldndeal New Member

i use a brian moore guitar into a Roland gr-30 for my midi work. very good tracking and response.
  4. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

midi pickups

I use a GK-2 pickup on my guitar lined into a Roland GR-1.

It works really well, but you really have to tweak it and remember to adjust the Pitch Bend RPN and make sure your sequencing program will record all possible events. The pitch bend RPN as to be set for a full octave, otherwise it just doesn't play back properly.
  5. alain

alain Guitarillo

i use a gk-2 pickup on my electric Fenix-guitar lined into a Roland Gr-09 synth-set. Tracking and response are quite good ( it also depends what kinda sound you choose; eg piano = very bad,
    some organ-sounds, marimba, sax are very good )
    You also have to change your style of playing ( not extremely fast; some sounds can't follow )
  6. redstorm

redstorm New Member

I only use midi to control my effects processors so I dont have to switch tones or channels while I'm playing a song. I can switch from electric to clean tone on the fly based on program changes from the midi sequencer.