Audio backing tracks

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by naleca, Sep 8, 2002.

1. naleca

naleca Trash Hunting

Can anyone tell me where to get good free audio backing tracks, and where i can get some good tips for recording vocals with backing tracks as i am a beginner and would appreciate any tips
  2. Dream2belike_HI

Dream2belike_HI New Member

Yeah, I wanna know this too, plz if anyone know, tell us !!!:)):rolleyes:
  3. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

That's one of the main uses of MIDI files. You can run them through a nice keyboard and record the output, and you have an instant backing track. The quality depends on the keyboard and the sequnce of the file itself. This is why we offer professional files on this site. Many of the users use them for backing tracks.
  4. theARTiSAN

theARTiSAN Administrator Staff Member Super Mod

You can also record them without a keyboard - just using the systems MIDI as the input, but running thru keyboards sound way way better.
  5. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

Audio backing tracks.

If it's purely the backing track for karaoke some of the professional midi companies also produce mp3's without the vocals. You can download them and write them onto cd or record to mini disk and use that.

Try www.hands-on-midi.com and
    http://www.toplist-team.com/

I downloaded a demo mp3 of Hindu Times and it's just the original w/o the voice.
  6. AjA

AjA New Member

Some of the Karoke disc's do have good tracks, but they are not free! Just find the best midi you can and record it through a decent sound module. Or use Logic or SX and all those VST instruments, they tend to sound much better than just midi.
    If you want an example I can post one for you.
  7. letsmix

letsmix New Member

Poor man's karaoke: get yourself a Thompson Vocal Eliminator (see back of Electronic Musician Mag). Run your desired song through this and it will remove the vocal, although any reverb trail usually remains. Of course, you'll have full instrumentation, so if you wish to, say, play guitar live with the track as well, you'll be doubling the sound. The other posts do a good job of explaining your other options.
  8. Stimpf

Stimpf New Member

A midifile doesnt have a sound, its just notes. So you need an instrument to play it. This can be a keybord or synth or sampler or drummachine wich is connected to your pc via midicable or you can also use softwareinstruments (VST) or softwaresamplers ore softwaresynths wich are installed on your pc. For those you can get Sample-Cds with sounds in professional quality. (If you don't have any istrument like this, the standard microsoft instrument wich every pc has got plays the data and this sounds awfull!!)The audidata wich those instruments produce neets to me recorded in a sequenzer-software. Wit this software you can also work on the sound like in a studio.