Before you say "I've looked everywhere..."

Discussion in 'Requests' started by llhyperdude, Jul 15, 2003.

1. llhyperdude

llhyperdude New Member

Before you say "I've looked everywhere..."

Make sure you read through the whole thread before requesting. This is a general "guide" to finding a midi or requesting a midi.

***Finding a midi***

1A.) vanBasco's MIDI Search - http://www.vanbasco.com/midisearch.html
    Look here first. If you can't find it the first time you search, try a different name. Make your search as brief as possible to find the maximum results.

1B.) Music Robot MIDI Search - http://www.musicrobot.com/ (Thanks D!no)

2.) Google - http://www.google.com
    You can put in the title of the song but if you didn't find it in vanBasco's you probably won't find it here. Type in the artist name+midi and see if you can find it on a webpage.

3.) Artist message board
    You never know, a fan of the group could have already requested it on the band's site.

4.) Tablature - http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Music/Tablature/
    Tabs are easier for people who haven't been introduced to midi. If you are a musician who can read tabs check out this directory. If the tabs are available you may be satisfied? If you aren't, maybe you could help everyone out and make a midi from the tabs. Check out the sequencing forum if you need help.
    Please remember that all midi's you can't find and request have to be made by someone else. Don't just say "I can't transcribe" and make someone else do it. Give it a try...it only becomes easier!

5.) MidiBuddy Board - Search
    Please, please, please use the forum search. If it has been requested already someone may have posted a MIDI. If it has already been requested but not yet sequenced, DON'T start a new topic. Add a reply nicely expressing your wish for the file to be sequenced.

6.) LAST RESORT...MidiBuddy Board - Requests
    If you can't find the midi after searching for hours and hours and hours...request it in the MidiBuddy Request forum. Respect the format transcriber's prefer to see and post the ARTIST and TITLE in the subject line of every request. Your chance to have someone fill the request could be gone if someone doesn't know specifically what you are looking for. Be polite in your post asking nicely if someone wouldn't mind sequencing for them. Then after waiting patiently a few days or even weeks, the MIDI Gods may provide a midi of your request. Be ever so thankful and praise the MIDI God with all the (M)bucks you can. Hey, money is always a good way to influence a sequencer.

***Tips for those posting in requests***

- If you are posting a new topic or even replying, DO NOT say "I've looked everywhere and can't find it." It is very common for a midi to not exist. You may have searched everywhere and couldn't find it because it doesn't exist. You don't need to tells us this. On the other hand, if for some unknown reason you decide to post this and it turns out you didn't look everywhere and the midi already exists, then you make yourself look bad.

- Please don't post a reply in the requests asking "Has anyone found it yet?" Hmmm...do you think anyone has found it? They are posting in the "requests" forum not in the "lets tell everyone what I'm looking for" forum. Remember what the forum is about...requests. I'm sure if someone has found what they were looking for, they'd be kind enough to post it for everyone else...right? I'd hope so...

- If someone fills your request or a song you like, donate a few (M)bucks to the sequencer. This is a nice way to thank the person and show your appreciation for his/her hard work. You don't have to be the requester to donate...even someone who just finds the song and downloads it could donate a few. Be grateful to the sequencer! It takes time and hard work to make midi's.

Well, you made it through the thread. Whether you just skimmed through or read thoroughly, please take some of your own time and look elsewhere before you make someone else sequence a song just for you. Thanks and get searching...
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2003
  2. xj911

xj911 We Todd ED Staff Member Moderator

very nice little guide you put together. :rock:
  3. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

well said hyperdude but unfortuantely some people are just not intelligent enough to understand, but well said though:thumbsup: maybe your guide will help some people
  4. Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel New Member

yeah. you are right voice of god because, unfortunately, some people doesn't know where to find or where to look for midis but i think that you can had some more search sites
  5. Jo-

Jo- Soopa Doopa

:thumbsup:
    Great post!

:spank:
  6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Do you disagree with something?
  7. tonez10

tonez10 New Member

Thank you hyperdude, with this guide I think I have a much more complete understanding of what to do
  8. Drifter818

Drifter818 New Member

Thanks for the info Hyperdude :)
    I'll keep that in mind
  9. kravinravin

kravinravin New Member

welll I'm glad I read this since I'm new to the board and all...I've recently been working with a sequencer and as soon as I have it all figured out I'll be posting trance/house/tekno midi's like crazy.....
  10. Savior1974

Savior1974 New Member

I'm gonna start using all these sites now.... thanks for the post
  11. TiFFaNaZ

TiFFaNaZ New Member

Very good references
    I found most of MIDIs I looked for.
    Thanks llhyperdude.
  12. Jelmo

Jelmo New Member

Thanks dude :) But yes, some people dont think :hit:
  13. Kipper

Kipper New Member

very nice post you wrote in here ;]
    GJ
  14. DJ Homeboy

DJ Homeboy New Member

Nice Job, Im new look forward to future posts like this.
  15. keith929

keith929 New Member

Whatever happened to jims midi links,I always thought that was the best site.
  16. jagip

jagip New Member

thanks for the links, I actually found some of the stuff I have looked for a quite a time now

ps.what happens after I have said "I've looked everywhere...", am I going to get permban :D
  17. may7angel

may7angel New Member

Thanks for the great sites, I found the song I was looking for!
  18. jaggededge62

jaggededge62 New Member

Google is also an amazing thing...
  19. desiscratch

desiscratch New Member

hey hyper dude.. ur tips seem nice... and are beneficial to some extent but.. i didnt find wat i need!!

:hit:
  20. llhyperdude

llhyperdude New Member

[​IMG]

No way!! How could that be possible??[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2003