Beginning electric packs?`

Discussion in 'Guitar' started by WuLabsWuTecH, Nov 14, 2004.

1. WuLabsWuTecH

WuLabsWuTecH New Member

Hi, I have played piano, violin, trumpet and have composed for a bit now, but I'm interested in learning elctric guitar. I know almost nothing about this and was wondering which beginner's pack some of you seasoned veterans would reccommend. I'm leaning towards the Fender one, but the Aria also looks good.

Thanks for your input!
  2. davejay

davejay New Member

The majority will tell you Squier By Fender, some will be in the minority and say go with OLP or another package available brand. I personally believe you should just decide based on what you think you will need in a guitar and what you want to do with it. You will probably look at a guitar as just another matrix instrument at first considering you seem knowledge of both linear, matrix, and wind instruments, so you will see past the tonality and that will not affect how you view it as much. So pretty much your left with playability and looks. In that situation, I would have to say look to Epiphone (specifically a special SG or LP pack) or a similar guitar that has decent appeal and playability.
  3. WuLabsWuTecH

WuLabsWuTecH New Member

All right, What I just want is an entry level guitar to see if I like it and to learn on, I'm silling to upgrade later if necesary.
  4. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Whatever you get make sure it is set up well. For that reason I'd avoid mail order unless they say they do a complete set up.