Best Audio Editing Program?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by DJPINOY78, Dec 19, 2003.

1. DJPINOY78

DJPINOY78 New Member

In your opinion, what is the best audio editing program to use? Just trying to get ideas on what to buy...
  2. DJPINOY78

DJPINOY78 New Member

I personally heard Cool Edit Pro was good, but haven't really looked into it... but any other suggestions?
  3. Graeme

Graeme New Member

CEP is now Adobe Audition - but it's probably the very best 'bang for the buck' on the market at the moment.
  4. TreyDCrazy

TreyDCrazy New Member

I use Cool Edit 2000...its pretty good, nothing too hard to learn how to use.
  5. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Get Adobe Audition (Cool Edit). It is all I use for resampling and restoration. I have heard it is good for recording too.
  6. jazzy_jay

jazzy_jay New Member

Steinbergs wavelab is good. I use it for most of my audio editing jobs.BTW soundforge is'nt that bad either.

Regards,
    Jay.
  7. no1sun

no1sun New Member

I use a simple program called soundforge. Its pretty straight forward for recording and editing sounds.
  8. tootith

tootith New Member

I have used Soundforge 6 and Adobe Audition. Soundforge is more straightforward as where Audition has more in-depth features. I don't remcommend Audition for multitrack, though. Use something else like Sonar for that.
  9. olly

olly Member

I have been using Cooledit Pro 2 for some time and really like it! Seems to do eveything I need to do...
  10. RKARR

RKARR New Member

I've been using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.03 for some time and have found it to be a robust program for recording and editing both audio and MIDI. A little bit of a learning curve at first though. I have had experience with Protools LE and MIX and have found the interface to be lacking. I edit on the waveform level alot and found Protools to be difficult in that respect. I am about to upgrade to Sonar 3 as I have seen and heard great things about it. The author, Scott Garrigus has written very comprehensive books on both programs.
  11. jsaad1986

jsaad1986 New Member

If your looking for a small program to edit simple audio Goldwave is really good. For something bigger like mixing tracks I suggest SonicFoundry Acid Pro or a more simpler audio editor like SoundForge is pretty good as well.
  12. Ren Hoek

Ren Hoek New Member

Personally I use Cakewalk Pro 9, for audio it's pretty straight forward and really easy for multi-track. I've also tried CubaseVST Great program lots of features and especially great sound but a little harder to get used to. I should take more time to really learn how to use it, a lot of people I know swear by it...
  13. neo_m

neo_m New Member

lmao.. ive been using the stuff that comes with nero
  14. Graeme

Graeme New Member

I suppose that's alright for a 'quick fix' - but it's hardly what I would call an editor. It certainly isn't in the same class as CEP, SF, AA or anything of that calibre.
  15. fabe666

fabe666 New Member

Wavelab or Cool edit
  16. zeubest

zeubest New Member

Soundforge with plugins !
  17. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Anything that supports DXi is good in my book.
  18. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Which, currently let's out CEP/AA - a good DX host, but no DXi at the moment.

On the other hand, the question was about an audio editor and for this purpose, it's still the best bang for the buck around. In fact, for straightforward editing, just find a copy of CoolEdit 2000 (no longer sold) and use that - it has all the features needed.
  19. notdna

notdna New Member

Peak for Mac works well...

I use Peak 4 for the Mac for my audio editing. Works well enough for my needs...
  20. darrell4sho

darrell4sho New Member

if u got mac-peak
    if u got pc-cool edit pro 2