Best blank Cd's to buy??? (for mastering)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by olly, Jan 20, 2005.

1. olly

olly Member

Can anyone tell me what they recommend as a good quality blank CD to burn my music projects (Masters) to. I am in Australia, so they would have to be on the Australian market I guess... I have heard all sorts of theories like CD's with a blue colour to them are the best and so on and so on??? I just want to burn my Masters onto the best quality CD I can get.
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Whatever you eventually decide on, go for a name brand - avoid all unnamed discs, or those which are obviously repackaged for a particular chain of shops. etc., since they are of doubtful origin and the next batch might be totally different.

Personal recommendations - Verbatim or, better still, Taiyo Yuden. I've never had any problems with discs from these two manufacturers.
  3. fidelio

fidelio New Member

Yep, Tayo Yuden (or Fuji Film, made in Japan) or Verbatim. That's the way to go.

Also, avoid the so-called "Audio CD-R" (just cost more $).
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Philips Silver Premium and Taiyo Yuden are my recommendations.
  5. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Yeah Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are usually pretty good and I wouldn't recommend the ones with a blue colour to them... they don't play on some cd players.
  6. olly

olly Member

Thanks

Thanks guys, appreciate that! Not sure where they sell the Japanese cd's you all mentioned, but I'll I'll keep an eye out for them....
  7. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Re: Thanks

Here's one Australian supplier - http://www.programmersparadise.com.au - probably more around.
  8. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

For the last few years I've been using either Memorex, Imation, Sony or TDK, but mainly TDK. I wouldn't really recommend TDK since I tend to get about 1 coaster in 5 attempts, though that could also be related to my software. You get what you pay for! lol
  9. MacMan

MacMan Network Consultant

Verbatim. I think they they are definitely the best for masters.