best midi sequencer software for beginner?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by mandaaqui, Mar 15, 2003.

1. mandaaqui

mandaaqui New Member

thanks for any help
  2. loog

loog New Member

I´m using Cubase SX and I like it a lot.. still there are other ones like Logic or Sonar.

loog
  3. seacruzinal

seacruzinal New Member

The best one is the one you can learn and STICK WITH !! To some people, old Voyetra Sequencer Gold Plus is the best, cuz they learned it, and never used anything else.
    With all the sequencers out there, just pick one. I DO recomment Sonar 2.0, Cakewalk Pro Audio, and Cubase, but all for different reasons!
  4. keppeler

keppeler New Member

depends on your wallet...
    if you want to get the real thing ... think about logic !
    there are also a couple free sequencers out there.

cheers
  5. kallepister

kallepister New Member

TUAREG 2 by Bram Bos is a neat sample sequencing prog. it also includes a good drumbox and a pattern-synthesizer!
    greetz
    Kalle
  6. mmwfunk

mmwfunk New Member

Logic Platinum is one of the best one's out there. You can record audio and sequence midi in thousands of ways. By saying that, I mean that you can have a ton of different configurations of Hardware and Plug-ins that don't require you $20,000 to just mix in surround sound. It's only like $699 and the features are awsome. I use Logic with my Digidesign gear. So that way I can have both Logic and ProTools running at the same time if I so chose.
  7. sandor

sandor New Member

way to expensive a hobby for me :)
  8. cybergenic

cybergenic New Member

Logic has the most functionality but some people say its the hardest to learn. Also Apple has bought Logic so there is no more Windows versions coming out. Bummer:(
  9. zerooooz

zerooooz New Member

Cakewalk Sonar or FruityLoops
  10. dj1983

dj1983 New Member

I would recommend Logic Audio Platinum version 5 or higher the quality has grown where many industry produces use the system set-up !!!
  11. riceman

riceman New Member

Sonar XL :)

Honestly though, go with what you're comfortable with. Also, see what you're "crew" uses and perhaps use a similar product.

I've been using Pro Audio for ages and my partner Cubase and we refuse to switch over...lol...very messy!
  12. S16

S16 New Member

Fruity Loops is the best program out there I think, it's really good for making the beats I want, but the sounds that come with it pretty much are useless for hip-hop.
  13. Dobbs

Dobbs New Member

Cakewalk seems to be the more popular sequencer...perhaps theres a reason for this.......price maybe?
  14. entropy

entropy New Member

Magix music studio is very basic functional and cheap.
  15. DORUMALAIA

DORUMALAIA New Member

16. brendan b

brendan b New Member

fruity loops to me is a must for a beginner.....

It is also used by more advanced people...

Cubase SX is too hard for someone whos starting to get there head around
  17. madfiddler

madfiddler New Member

If you're thinking about the future, ditch the toys like Fruity Loops (great for drum work, but the sequencer's too silly really).

I'd get hold of a copy of Cubasis if I was you. It's a very cheap cut down version of the big sequencer, and it's almost free (given away with Soundblaster cards for example).

I started life using Atari Cubase (yes, without a manual) and picked it up very easily. Cubase is certainly easier for a novice than Logic, or you could consider Cakewalk, but for price, Cubasis all the way.
  18. Mirazh

Mirazh New Member

So far the only program I have used is Fruity Loops ... and I like it. I'm not sure if there are more "advanced" programs out there that I might like better, but I think I'm staying with FL
  19. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Cakewalk or Cubase VST as I have used both. Currently with Cubase VST as I started with Steinberg Pro 24 on the old Atari 1024. Incidentally how can I convert the old midi files from Atari to PC format or will they just load straight in?
  20. ManE

ManE New Member

Problem with Fruity loops is U need samples, with a real sequencer U can write notes and controller info, to play on all sorts of software or hardware synths, and then sample them and put effects or use them with fruity loops... :thumbsup: