Best Midi Software

Discussion in 'Getting Started/New Member Help' started by hallie, Nov 6, 2003.

1. hallie

hallie New Member

Hi im new to this forum.
    Just wondering what are the best programs for making midis?
  2. Luiza*Cunha

Luiza*Cunha Charmed Trainee with Goa'uld inside! Staff Member Super Mod

I use Cakewalk and I like it :)
  3. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

................. A relatively unknown program that is really cool in that it plays the notes as well as spells them out for you ( good for learning tunes )
    is called Harping . It's @....

http://harping.freeyellow.com/

It's made by a harmonica cat, but it also has a piano and harmonica window as well as the sheet score playing duration of notes in a cool way ....

check it out .... I keep asking the guy to sell me the product and he keeps sending me updates of the new , improved versions . I like that.
  4. mayoooya

mayoooya New Member

its really hard to do that stuff! ive been tryin for hours! or am i just stupid? lol
  5. Droakir

Droakir New Member

My question is... are there any good free ones that can convert MIDIs to sheet music?
  6. sest

sest New Member

i think you could use cakewalk for that
  7. johnmok

johnmok New Member

so actually,is this catwalk software can convert midi or create one or .....both??
  8. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

For making midis you can use Cakewalk or Cubase. Re free midi to score programmes I don't know but I use Amadeus Opus Lite by Finale which converts midi to score.
  9. Ram39

Ram39 New Member

so....do you have a link that I can check out this "Cakewalk" & "Cubase?"
  10. Zandro

Zandro New Member

11. bnjiman80

bnjiman80 Tangled Up In Blue

midi software

I think that Powertrax is a very good tool for making midi's. I think it is pretty cheap too. Heck, It must have a been; I bought a copy of version 7! Its also very quick which is important if you only have 64mb ram and a 300Mhz laptop ;) Still I use an external sequencer to get good voices and play gigs (Yamaha QY100)

If you want cracked software you can get Cakewalk Guitar Studio using Kazaa Lite (although it means putting up with annoying messages from letsparty.com etc etc)

As far as I know, Cakewalk doesn't have a drum editor (Powertracks has a basic "grid" editor).

But you can get some software to do this free. For example, XG-909 is a pretty powerful drum editor that is designed for XG midis. You can specificy the XG level from off (Standard Midi) up to XG 5 (whatever that is!). (I'm sticking to XG Basic. All that happens is, you reduce the level and different knobs on the virtual panels get greyed out - handy!) I find that exporting loops to midis using XG Basic level produces a load of messages that presumably add effects to the drums.

This software is no longer availible to buy (the company pulled the plug). However it is also on KaZaa and can be cracked with cracks from the internet. A word of warning though-make sure you get the crack for the right version! Also I found it was unstable on XP...I have gone back to Win98 now and its fine.

So yeh, Cakewalk Guitar Editor and a drum machine should do for starters.
  12. bnjiman80

Midi to Music Score - "free"

Oh yeh, you can get also Guitar Pro from KazaA lite with a registration key that will import midi tracks into a music score.
  13. Young Ty

Young Ty New Member

well

as i type this message iam downloading coding workshop polyphonic. I hope its good.
  14. rknrne

rknrne Active Member

Re: midi software

you mean ppl are stealing this software ????!!!
  15. tegman1

tegman1 New Member

Is codeing workshop used for making midi's??
  16. mamat

mamat New Member

powertrax is d bomb
  17. LOBBY

LOBBY New Member

Noteworthy composer actually did a pretty fine job of converting MIDI files to sheet music...
  18. mannybw

mannybw New Member

new user

seems like a great site. I just got a new home phone that uses midis for ringtones, so i am trying to download some cool tunes!
  19. bnjiman80

Re: Re: midi software

Not really dude, if you check out the developer's website:

http://www.technotoys.com/news.htm

You will see that this software is no longer availible to register legitimately...

"8/31/02: A letter to all Techno Toys customers from Jim Johnson:

I am sorry to announce the end of the Techno Toys line of products. The Techno Toys project has become increasingly costly to me, and the time has come to shut the operation down..."

..."XG-909 is no longer available for registration. If you do not own a registered copy, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide one; please don't ask. The Tech TV spot was created and scheduled without any input from me; I am not responsible for it."

I'm no laywer, but it seems there is no revenue due to the developers in using a pirated version?:confused2
  20. picta_puzzle

picta_puzzle New Member

i use somthing called noteworthy composer, i think its grat for what i am doing, but then again it acts like an idiot somtimes, actualy he just calles himself that, his real name is ghen,... or so he says, does anyone know if that software is any good?