Best MIDIs for my band

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by moosik, Apr 1, 2002.

1. moosik

moosik New Member

I play in an acoustic cover band. We would like to get into MIDI.
    I would like to find a great source for professional MIDIs, that sound great and don't cost too much. I need to buy dozens, so the price is really an issue.
    hit-trax.com that's promoted on this site is TOO EXPENSIVE.

Also, there are lots of free MIDIs going around. Am I right in thinking that they are fairly low quality and that they will not do as tracks for a live band?

Finally, is there anyone who sells MIDIs together with accompanying sheet music? Are there programs that create sheet music from a MIDI file?

Thanks for any help you can offer. I'm totally new at this.
  2. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

All professional MIDI files sold on the internet are all pretty much all the same price. Trust me, I've looked. The only difference is the files themselves. They may be slightly different.

With HitTrax they offer lower rates per file, the more you buy. And eventually you get free files. Make sure to check out the pricing list and the demo's before you buy. (remember the conversion rate constantly changes so prices may not be exact on the pricelist.)
    The may suffice, however, that depends on what tracks you are using. A couple years ago the free files were of fairly good quality. Now you'd be lucky to find the file you need, let alone, if it's good enough quality.

Not that I have seen. There are seperate companies that sell sheet music. Yes, there are programs that read sheet music. The more expensive ones can read full scores at a time and tranlate into MIDI format. You need a good scanner and an ear for fixing notes that it didn't translate correctly.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or e-mail me.
  3. SeamyD

SeamyD Member

programs that score

If you have cakewalk 7 or more you can print out individual instrument scores. There is a program called powertab which will also print out music scores.
  4. jon-paul

jon-paul New Member

try using logic audio this is the program that took over from notation one of the best score programs ever invented