Best sequencing programs??

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by Sim, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Sim

Sim New Member

What would be the best sequencing programs to use on PC, or what are some of the programs that people are using?

I have been using Reason version 2, along with Logic Audio 5.5, Acid Pro 4and Soundforge.
    This covers my sequencing, Guitar recording and most things I do with home recording, but I was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were??

Sim
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

All the high-end sequencers have pretty much the same feature set - it really depends on what suits you personally.

Since you alrady have Logic and, presumably, have got used to using it (perosnally, I don't like it, but that's not the point) then I would seriously question if you really need to change it for anything else, since you'll be back near the bottom of the learning curve.
  3. Sim

Sim New Member

Totally understand, thank you.
    Just out of curiosity, you said you don't actually like Logic, what would you recommend other than that, what do you use?
    I am getting used to Logic but it's not the easiest program to use.

Sim
  4. Nyxan

Nyxan It wont hurt for long Staff Member Moderator

have you tried cakewalk...I use the guitar studio...nice features and reasonably easy to use
  5. Bladez26

Bladez26 New Member

Sonar XL and Hypercanvas, best I've found for midi backing at the moment, any suggestions to better systems most welcome
  6. Graeme

Graeme New Member

I settled on Cakewalk - years ago, around v3. Now I'm up to v9, which does all (and more) than I need, so I doubt if I'll bother going any further.

I don't like the interface in Logic and I found CuBase more confusing than it needed to be. However, they are all good sequencers and it's really more a case of what you like and what you are used to.

After all these years with Cakewalk, I'm sure I would be lost if I had to suddenly use something else. It's not so much the basic track laying, etc., but the more complex features - you simply can't find them in a strange software, even when you know they do exist :)
  7. chasjules

chasjules New Member

Cakewalk is ideal for mixing midi and audio - and is easy to program. A good audio card such as Creative's Audigy would make your audio recordings even easier!
  8. Graeme

Graeme New Member

If you like it (and I do) then Cakewalk is fine. I wouldn't agree with the Audigy recommendation though - for audio, there are many better cards around - although the soundfont stuff is good for the midi side of things.
  9. gebby

gebby Member

I keep hearing that Pro Tool is the way to go, but I've never been left wanting with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.
  10. xskhaos04

xskhaos04 New Member

Pro Tools

Pro Tools is amazing, but it is also proprietary. You have to buy a digidesign system like the 002 if you want to use it.