Best Tone Generator

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by nickstmoritz, May 17, 2004.

1. nickstmoritz

nickstmoritz New Member

Hi

what is the best tone generator in your opinion? I have a Yamaha QY100 sequencer with onboard sounds, but I'm looking for that something special that sounds like a real band playing!

cheers for any opinions
  2. gdroad

gdroad New Member

Well there's always that cliche...there ain't nothing like the real thing!!!
  3. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

The newest generation of AVM2 sounds by Yamaha is much better than the old AVM of the older stuff. (I do believe that the QY100 has the older).
    Ask Zandro about sound fonts. He's a master at them. They sound excellent. Otherwise try some Hypercanvas stuff or newest generation of Software Synths. I think you'll be impressed.
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Thanks, saxmidiman. :)

To jump-start you on the SoundFont idea, keep in mind that true SoundFont utilisation requires an EMU-10Kx engine, which is integrated into SBLive!, Audigy, AWE32. An alternative is to use software, which does not guarantee true emulation. I prefer SynthFont, which loads SoundFonts direct-to-disk instead of EMU's trick of loading the samples into the onboard sound card RAM or the system's memory. To get SynthFont to produce any sound, a SoundFont must be attached. GeneralUser GS is a well balanced SoundFont available at SF2MIDI.
  5. ddp

ddp New Member

I also use Soundfonts. But I load them into Cubase, via SFZ-Soundfont Emulator. It works instead of an VST instrument.
  6. aenima

aenima New Member

you know what, i should use the soundfonts that came with my audigy too