Bouycott Evanesence!

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by Judge, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Judge

Judge New Member

Evanesence are taking the piss and everyone in London hates them! Thats because anyone who has the tiniest bit of brain can smell a faker from miles away. The music is no better than that of stinkin fart (linkin park) and nobody voted for they're song, they've been put high up in the charts cos the people backing them wanna make money fast. Unfortunately we aint buying it. So please people have some sense and dont waste your time and money on piss taking music!
  2. MisterRogers

MisterRogers New Member

*Sniff sniff*

Yep, smells like someone's a little bitter.
  3. hadamsvb

hadamsvb New Member

I think Evanescence is musically amazing, Amy Lee has this amazing voice, how could you say that they are fakes? How many bands can pull off a beautiful sound with a female vocalist, cool guitar riffs, and the incorporation of the piano?
  4. ShootTheMoon

ShootTheMoon New Member

Personally I'm rather sick and tired if everyone complaining about who's fake and who's a poser and that crap. Why can't we just buy the music we like and ignore the music we don't like. Forget what other people think. If I put a post on here that says drinking water and eating food is for losers are you all going to starve yourselves to death? I didn't think so...
  5. mushroomking

mushroomking New Member

bitter, bitter, bitter...
    Same with the White Stripes to me, but to each his/her/its' own...
  6. deejaytwist

deejaytwist New Member

There ya go, to each his own ;)
  7. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

Chill out!
    How do you figure that 'they've been put high up in the charts cos the people backing them wanna make money fast'? I've always understood that music gets to number one because people _like_ it and want to listen to it! (Me included).
    How do you define non-rubbish music, then? Put a CD of that on, and don't worry about what other people are up to. If we want to waste our money, it's our call :)
  8. d61helix

d61helix New Member

stop whinning and shove the sour grapes up your a$$.....at least they make music...youre just wasting cyber bytes heres..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2004
  9. draccon

draccon New Member

yeh yeh yeh i agree with thingie, i think that if you like it - cool, if you don`t then don`t listen to it & although you probably enjoy a good moan ( lets face it who dosn`t) you should really keep it to yourself cause no one really gives a toss
  10. Ninho

Ninho New Member

I disagree, I find the sound of the evanescence rox and music that transmit a peace
  11. Ninho

Ninho New Member

ops, and linkin park is the best group of the year
  12. mailys

mailys New Member

I can you say that? Evanescence is my favorite band! You do whatever you want, but I won't boycott them!
  13. MUD-Vyaninan

MUD-Vyaninan New Member

This dude is digging him/her self a grave if London dosent like them then london can curl up and die. Evanescence could do fine without you. the only thing I find riggity about them is the fact that they decided they werent making enough money as a christian band so they went to the main stream music bussines. if you didn't recognize 12 stones in one of their Videos. .. but as a few of have said "to each his own" :boink:
  14. sunshinecup

sunshinecup New Member

I buy what I like, not what the public likes.....food for thought there pal.
  15. Ninjoid

Ninjoid New Member

Idiot. Alot of people in USA like Evanescence. Just because the British hate them doesn't mean we do. Wait. I live in Hell... wow. We like it too!
  16. Fatplum

Fatplum New Member

Yes.....Evanescence is a great band...How could you every call them a fake?
  17. DEViANT

DEViANT New Member

Are you so convinced the British hate them? *Someone* must have bought their CD for it to get to number 1 for a few weeks on end and I can't believe their gig at the Astorio was sold out due to a few mad fans, maybe, just maybe people like it and YOU (Judge and others) are in the minority.

Sounds like jealousy to me, when you can sing (whatever you think of their music, there is undeniable talent) like Evanescence's lead, play guitar like that and come up with the lyrics and music then you have a right to complain - and I would back that all the way that if you could do the above you would want to cash in on it too...
  18. Si

Si Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

London isn't all of Britain.
  19. Kelton

Kelton New Member

EVANESCENCE ROXXSSS!!!
    I think amy can sing really well.
  20. absolut44

absolut44 New Member

Hmm...

I do agree, but is taste really debatable? Or worth the hassle?

dunno,
    abs