Break it Down

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by Leonshouse, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Leonshouse

Leonshouse New Member

How are the super dooper pros making midi?

I mean ok on a britny spears song how much of that is live and how much is midi? in the first place.

Next,

Say the best sequencer guy wants to make a clone of her hit, how dose he do it? Dose he sit down in his home studio and listens for every note and beat and translates it into his sequencer? I mean how are these guy making pretty good midi clones of britnys songs?

is their a place to get the orginal midi file somewhere?

Im just facianated by this midi :)
  2. willi001

willi001 New Member

Midi songs

Hello,
    I am sure that a lot of the big wig musicians are creating songs in some format or another, not necessarily in midi.. My Trinity has it's own format which is .SNG files and .PCG files. Unless I actually save a song as a midi file it won't be playeable as a midi.I am sure that Roland, Yamaha and all the other keyboard makers have their own formats as well. I can work with midi files on my sequencer but when I am done with them I save them as .SNG files because it is easier on my system. Sometimes sitting down and reproducing a song note by note, and instrument by instrument is the only way to do it. If you can't find a midi file to help, then you have to create it yourself..
    There are literally thousands of midi sites on the net (trust me I've looked) But you have to take your chances unless your willing to pay for the professionally done ones. In some cases , like if your musical ability is limited, then it's easier to pay for the good ones..
    Willi...