Cakewalk 9 v's Sonar 3???

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by olly, Jan 8, 2004.

1. olly

olly Member

I have been using Cakewalk 9 as my recording software for a few years now and have been happy with it.... I have been looking into upgrading to Cakewalk Sonar 3 - Producers edition? My question is: Will Sonar 3 give me better sound quality on my recordings or will it just give me more features? Thanks...
  2. zeubest

zeubest New Member

If you anly do midi with it, there's no difference of sound, it's just a more pleasant interface, but no more. Fos the specs, I think you can all comparison details on their website.
  3. eldridge

eldridge New Member

I agree with the last poster in the fact that if you're only doing midi, there really is no difference other than a few interface changes.

However, Sonar 3 (Producer Edition) is what I use in my studio because it's a full on piece of software. More possibilities when it comes to straight audio and extra midi interfaces and sound banks. If you're going to be recording vocals and everything, go with Sonar. If it's just midi, stick with Cakewalk's Midi Studio 9.
  4. eldridge

eldridge New Member

Of course, that's just my opinion.
  5. Leicester

Leicester New Member

@eldridge I think youre right
  6. soulful

soulful New Member

But Sonar 3 is just an awesome piece of software .. great interface and so much power. Believe me, you'll want to do more than just midi.
  7. ripley

ripley New Member

cakewalk 9

hi olly
    i`d like to ask you about cakewalk im new to it but i`m having trouble setting it up and recording audio, would it be possible for you to give me some adice on what to do?
    thank you