Cakewalk and sliding/bending...

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by -Mm-, Oct 3, 2002.

1. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

OK, in Cakewalk 9 it seems that i can only bend/slide a note up or down 4 semi-tones...Does anyone know how to do a much longer slide?? I've been trying to work it out for ages... :p
  2. Zack

Zack New Member

good question this would help me out also for some orchestral type strings stuff ;)

Zack
  3. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

Mm, ive figured it out but I use logic, I posted what I do here
    http://degster.com/midi/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2792&highlight=good sequencers

oh, I know what to do. you know my sequence for creepin up slowly. open that sucker up in cakewalk, and open up the eventslist window for the bass(you know the one that you enter in controls like- what type of bass, volume, reverb, pan etc.)
    whatever controls I've enered in, copy them and use them when you do your next bass part, this should work. also read the above link, might help explain it so u understand it more clearly.:thumbsup:
  4. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

Thanks, i'll check it out now...Hope it works :D
  5. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

Well, before i tried that, i started to fix up one of ronnys Midis and found out how to change sliding/bending longer!! :D:D:D:D:D

How to Slide/Bend........Longer Using Cakewalk
    While your viewing the different tracks click on the track you wish to modify (so you can bend longer) and highlight the whole track, then click on Edit, and go down to Interpolate...down the bottom it has wheel, check the tick box and then crank the max up to whateva...maybe just double the 8192, well thats what i did.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2002
  6. voice of god

voice of god Prodigal Pyjamas Pervert Staff Member Super Mod

don't really know what you're talking about there, but if it works for you that's great. Glad you sussed it out:thumbsup:
  7. -Mm-

-Mm- New Member

lol, i think that you would have to use cakewalk to understand :|
  8. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

I believe you can also use a RPN (00 00), setting the data byte to the number of semitones of the range, thus:

Controller 100: 00
    Controller 101: 00
    Controller 6: 12 (or however many semitones range you'd like to bend)

HTH

ZR
  9. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

I control my pitch bend by using RPN in the event list. The event should read RPN 0 256. This gives to 2 semitones up or down in your pitch shift. The zero stands for general pitch shift. You can increase the pitch shift by 1 by increasing the value of 256 by 128. That will make it 3 semitones of pitch shift. Also check the limitations of your sound module. Some can shift only 12 semitones, some (Like my MU90R by Yamaha) can shift 24. Have fun. Email me if you want to know more.