Cakewalk / Foot Controller MP128

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by marcsonn, Sep 20, 2006.

1. marcsonn

marcsonn New Member

I have a Rolls MP128 and I'm looking to control start / stop playback of audio (not midi) that's in separate tracks in Sonar. My MP128 is connected to my PC via a Midisport Uno. I don't think this device is the problem, but I'm not sure where to go. The Uno has LED's on it that indicate it is sending traffic to the PC. Also, if I run a MIDI monitor on the PC, I do get information showing up in there, so I would think that the connection between the MP128 - Uno - PC is okay. However, all I appear to get at the PC end (I think) is actual MIDI instrument information (if that's what that's called) instead of control / change information. I found this out in Ableton Live 5 -- they have separate indicators for "remote control" and "Midi data", and I couldn't get anything to show up under the "remote control" icons, but I could get the MIDI Data icons to flash.

Please help! My hair is Juuuuuust about gone.

Thanks!
  2. moonie

moonie New Member

midi translator

This is a really cool tool, translates any midi control to any keyboard (computer) short cut, I used to start / stop midi's switch windows to media player and fade in background music all via my roland fc-200 pedal board, brilliant!
    http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/