Cakewalk help~~

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by gibby133, Mar 2, 2004.

1. gibby133

gibby133 New Member

Hey everyone...
    I have the M-Audio Firewire 410 setup with Cakewalk Home Studio 2002 and XP...new computer...I also have a yamaha PSR 290 Keyboard. I have had no problems recording analog music - Vocals, guitars - I have even been able to record the keyboard as an analog connection through the headphone (output) jack located on the back of the keyboard.
    To make matters more interesting, I am unable to record any midi from the keyboard to Cakewalk, yet when I play a tutorial midi song from Cakewalk, it plays through the keyboard speakers. I can't playback any Midi music through my PC speakers either...
    Also, I can change the patch through Cakewalk for the keyboard and the patch changes and the keyboard changes the sound from say, piano to Harmonica...or whatever...
    I am completely at a loss with this....I been looking without much luck for a guide or assistance to set this up so it will record and playback through my computer speakers so I can effectively mix the guitars and also so I can have more access to the midi loops out there...
    ANY IDEAS?
    Thanks very much for any assistance anyone has!
    Gibby
  2. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Got to "Tools" and select MIDI DEVICES and make sure that something is select for midi input, and that it's the interface (joystick port or usb or whatever) is highlighted. Then make sure the "source" tab on the main window has "midi". Then make sure the channel you are recording on is activated. The channel will have a red "R" when you select it. Begin recording.

You might want to make your MIDI DEVICE output port your sound card. That way you can hear your keyboard play through your computer.

This may seem unclear, but if you have any specific questions about what I've written, just email me. Good Luck.