cakewalk(midi to audio)

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by whats up, Jan 10, 2003.

1. whats up

whats up New Member

i have no problems with this except for i dont use any effects but still when i burn the audio track (song) on to the cd it sounds like there is reverb (a loT) and was wondering if there was any one else with this problem.

I cant afford a midi player or a laptop so i convert the midi how i wont it on to the audio track(record) then send it to the cd and use my dvd player into the pa .

time consuming and there are problems with the cd scratching but at 35cents a cd i burn new ones before every gig and to my question any other methods appreciated
  2. Jobu

Jobu New Member

Isolate the problem.

Play the CD in a different player, like your home stereo or even computer, if there is still Reverb then either your Audio program or the program you are using to burn the CD's is probably the culprit. If there is no reverb when playing on another source then the culprit is the DVD player or PA setup, again try to isolate the problem by going using different components and/or adjusting components (might have reverb sent to the channel the DVD player is hooked to).
  3. nidogflynn

nidogflynn New Member

Hi.

You didn't say which version of cakewalk your using. However, as long as you have no FX patched into the master, aux or track inserts then there shouldn't be any reverb. Also make shore that none of your notes are "doubled" as this can give the effect of "delay".

I agree with the above post. Try checking the CD's in various players-even on different computers. And make sure you are not sending the signal to the FX bus on your mixer.
  4. whats up

whats up New Member

i use music creater 2002 its cheap and does yhe job, i dont fully understand about the aux and master stuff but when i go to export there is a list of about 13 things to automate or something like that so if i untick all these that may work? anyway ill give it a go and see what on that list. thanks for the advise much appreciated ,oh forgot i dont use reverb on the pa and it has the delay on all cd players so i think youre right about the aux stuff anyway thanks :thumbsup: