cakewalk sequencing

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by joel_coutts, Aug 3, 2004.

1. joel_coutts

joel_coutts New Member

I was told that Cakewalk is the best sequencing software, but are there any other programs that are better than it?

Thanx
  2. BumBombBoom

BumBombBoom New Member

3. joel_coutts

joel_coutts New Member

so does that mean that cakewalk is the best or are there better programs??

sorry I cant get to which one are you saying no to.
  4. Zandro

Zandro New Member

I've heard this one explained many times before, and my best conclusion from previous replies is that there is no "best" sequencing software in general. Whatever you are most comfortable with is what you can say is best for yourself. I personally enjoy Cakewalk Home Studio 9, but have not had any trial with other software titles. I'm sure there would not be anything I couldn't do with other titles (such as Cubase and Sibelius) that I am able to currently do with this one, but each program has its own interface and navagatory means for its user, and what you are best able to stand working with each day is what I think you should stick to. If there are trial versions of these programs, to get a professionally wide experience I suggest you try out each for a length of time, working with all the options. The one you feel is most friendly to you is your best.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  5. bwayda

bwayda New Member

Cake walk is OK but there is better

I perfer Cubase SX. Its a little pricy but it is probally the easiest to use. Pro tools is also good.
  6. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

Cakewalk is my personal favorite, Cubase is also nice, pro tools seems better for audio only, though it does support midi.