cakewalk set up help please

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by buzzard, Aug 15, 2002.

1. buzzard

buzzard New Member

anybody advise me on the best set up using either cakewalk pro 9 or cubase (not the latest release) with sound blaster live. When recording audio with cake walk, not a problem. But when I use cakewalk...the latency is way way way to long nearly a second if not more. I would rather use cubase though and not cakewalk. So there it is.

buzzard
  2. mriev

mriev New Member

You might try downloading the SBLive latest drivers at www.creativelabs.com. There are still no ASIO drivers for Cakewalk, but the new drivers may get your latency down to some extent. Personally, I use a combination of soundfont midi ( no softsynths) and live audio recording of guitar and vocals. I have monitoring disabled, and I have absolutely no problems with latency. If you must use soft synths or live monitoring, try Steinberg Nuendo with the 48KHz Creative ASIO drivers. I get well under 10msec latency there, but I still prefer Cakewalk Sonar for most music production. You might also want to consider upgrading to an Audigy sound card, you can use extremely large soundfonts, and the EAX reverb is true professional studio quality!
  3. buzzard

buzzard New Member

thanks

Thank you very much for the advice. I have not tried your suggetions yet, but am eager to do so shortly. Lol upgrading is also on the cards as well. Once again, much apprecaited.

Buzzard.
  4. Firegarden

Firegarden New Member

If even considering to stay with Cakewalk, you should definitely upgrade to Sonar, it is much more polished that Pro Audio was. What kind of MB are you using on your PC, also of course as previously mentioned you should always keep up with the latest drivers.
  5. buzzard

buzzard New Member

Howdy,

i have 256 meg ram on 20 gig. asis mother board. windows 98.
    evrything is going great guns now and I am very interested in Sonar. So I will be looking into it asap.

thanks for your thread..

Buzzard.