Cakewalk vs Cubase

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by Florimo, Oct 8, 2002.

1. egrogsacul

egrogsacul New Member

I believe finale is the best, i mean just play a wind instrument and it transcribes it for you!!!
  2. lukasmajukas

lukasmajukas New Member

Cakewalk is much much better on a PC, but when it comes to Macintosh stuff, you can't beat the reliability. I would never use a computer live, especially a PC running windows ever ever but I might consider a Mac. Cakewalk is strong and powerful, It never crashes and It's compatable with many other cakewalk native apps for consumers to tinker with. If i were to reccommend one of these packages it would definitely be Cakewalk Pro Audio.
  3. stew2413

stew2413 New Member

personal preference... I like Cakewalk, very easy and stable app, but Cubase fits my needs best with what I mainly work with.
  4. gpercy

gpercy New Member

Cakewalk is great-Cubase is too much for most users...Cakewalk Metro makes more sense than the others...to me anyway
  5. pardesi

pardesi New Member

what about fruityloops?
  6. vietluvspnai

vietluvspnai New Member

does cakewalk and cubase both show sheet music?
  7. Jonah

Jonah New Member

It is much of a muchness. I've been using Cakewalk for 5 years and like it. But years ago I used to dabble in Cubase and found it jjust as easy to use.
  8. VegaCerna

VegaCerna New Member

Can Cakewalk remove the vocal?
  9. soongen

soongen New Member

Sequencers are only tools to make things easier. Music lovers should always improve their musical skills instead of depending too much on the tools. Treat it as an faithful assistant in sharpening our skills.

Love the musical journey!
  10. byoblu

byoblu New Member

CUbase. Cakewalk it seems to be not the same "professional" as one may think...
  11. nigeyd

nigeyd New Member

Both Cubase and Cakewalk are basically the top end of the spectrum and either will cost over £100. Cheaper programs which I have found useful were Magix Music studio and Fruty loops!
  12. mjlinton

mjlinton New Member

I've used Cakewalk pro audio on a PC. I found it to be an excelent product.

When I bought a Mac (with OS 9) I got cakewalk Metro expecting it to be the same product ported for the mac. It is not the same product and has a completely different interface and fuctionality.

After using the pro audio product metro was like trying to write with my opposite hand. Not to metion the headaches of OS 9 complete lack of any midi support (midi support was by third parties OpCode and TMOTU)

Cakewalk droped the product and it is now made and sold by sagan technology (www.sagantech.biz) and is avaible for OS 9 and X. Owners of Cakewalk Metro qualify for an upgrade to the new version of the product, Metro 6.

Although Apple now supports MIDI in OS X. check and make sure there are drivers for your equiptment if you are planning to run under OSX.
    Midiman products have OSX drivers but other products may not.
  13. warrenaxe

warrenaxe New Member

I started off on Cakewalk and tried to switch on to Cubase, and found out that, for midi Cakewalk/Sonar rule but when it comes to audio Steinberg is king.
  14. cavedoll

cavedoll New Member

Depends on your platform.
    PC: Cakewalk (or a Sonic Foundry product)
    MAC: Cubase (or Logic, or the rest)
  15. shinryu

shinryu New Member

i've been using cakewalk for years now, and I find it works perfectly because i'm used to it. i'm sure cubase works just as well, but it's mostly a matter of familiarity. they are both extremely powerful tools.
  16. Starlight

Starlight New Member

You've had many replies to this post but if it's of any further use to you I prefer Cakewalk too. It's easier to use. Depends what you really need it for but I Cakewalk suits me. I'm currently using v 9.03 (haven't got into Sonar yet though as I'm happy as I am)
  17. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

I have been using Cubase in various disguises currently Cubase 5 VST for the PC, I dabbled in Cakewalk briefly, but for the raft of features Cubase is very good, but takes time. I use the Amadeus Opus Lite (now published by Finale) for notation and printing, it can import midi files direct. On the whole I prefer Cubase
  18. zyxwv88

zyxwv88 New Member

Often the user base can be more important than the actual functionality. If you are having to learn on your own and get help from your peers, it helps if you are using what they are. Cakewalk seems to be the number one choice of the two and you are more likely to get better help from people since it is better known
  19. adamc260

adamc260 New Member

cubase is clever, you HAVE to buy it, don't think about downloading it, you got no chance, you have to purchase it because when you get the licensce, they send you a attachment, which plugs into the back of your computer, the cables from your midi keyboard etc then run into that, and when you double click the icon it Initializes the Protection phase.... So with that being a con for people who want it for free, and a pro for people who don't want others nicking off with there Serial. You have to weigh it up, i've only used cakewalk 6.0, can't get it to work with my Technics keyboard. But hey you have to do what's right for you.......
  20. joni11

joni11 New Member

what the different between cakewalk pro audio n cakewalk sonar?
    i have try to install cakewalk sonar but no midi device output, then what should i do? remove the cakewalk pro audio?