Cakewalk

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by nyhustler718, Jan 9, 2003.

1. nyhustler718

nyhustler718 New Member

IS CAKEWALK A GOOD SEQUENSING PROGRAM?
  2. Jonah

Jonah New Member

I've used Cakewalk Home Studio editing and creating midis for 5 years. I find it very easy to use and it does all I need it to do.
  3. shmoses

shmoses New Member

i love cakewalk. i'm married to it.
  4. olly

olly Member

I play in a very successful duo in Melbourne and have used Cakewalk for my midi (and audio - Cakewalk 9) programming for years. I am familiar with it, I have other programs but I cant be bothered changing to anything else, especially when it does all that I have to do... I give it the thumbs up!!!
  5. BlackHawk

BlackHawk New Member

Agreed.

Cakewalk rocks. But the SONAR series is even better than that!!

Go SONAR!! :D
  6. CyberCat

CyberCat Active Member

I use Cakewalk EVERYDAY! And in the two (or three) years I've been using it I haven't had any problems.
  7. an9eL

an9eL New Member

so where can i download cakewalk, and what version is good? i just downloaded midinotate.... but what i'd really like is something that can produce priintable piano sheets.

help?
  8. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Cakewalk and Sonar are the same thing.
    Cakewalk is easy and powerful at the same time. If you want to find it, it's tough. I've been using it for over 10 years (since version 4.5) and never had a problem with it yet as a general midi sequencer. Feel free to e-mail me for more info on it.
  9. chasjules

chasjules New Member

Hi,

I've been sequencing since the mid 80's - begining with an old Korg SQD-1, progressing to a Roland MC-500. Being in those days a professional arranger, I had no time to sit down and learn how to use a PC based computer. I found cakewalk extremely easy to pick up without having to read the manual every 5 minutes. And with the latter versions, audio recording and manipulation is a brease. In fact cakewalk with a pentium 4, 80 gig hard-drive, has given me a 40 track-plus, hard disk recording studio.
  10. chasjules

chasjules New Member

To saxmidiman:

I've never tried Sonar. How does it compare to pro audio 9? What are the major enhancements that would entice me to purchase it, as opposed to using pro audio 9?