Can T.O. Take The Eagles To The Superbowl?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rjw170, Aug 6, 2004.

1. rjw170

rjw170 New Member

Do you think the addition of a good receiver like Terrell Owens can finally give Philly a well rounded offense and make the a contender?
  2. Z-Man

Z-Man New Member

in theory... yes. Terrell Owens has caught more passes for more yards than the next two recievers on the Eagles... but let's face it, folks... this is the Eagles we're talking about... the same team that the last two(or was it three?) years had high Super Bowl hopes, only to lose in the NFC Championship round...

Eagles fans should not get their hopes up too high this year even with Owens. look... the season hasn't even BEGUN, and you have players out for the whole year. there are several injuries on the team that will hurt them. Owens alone will not carry the team to the Super Bowl. if he could, the 49ers would have won it at least one of the past few years... the rest of the team has to be both solid and healthy. right now, I'm not seeing that.
  3. rjw170

rjw170 New Member

True but in the past the Eagles never had a reliable receiver. McNabb almost single handedly took them where they got with help from Duece and Lewis. But when the games on the line there was no go to guy, now there is. He can help open up and develop a great offensive force.
  4. TuFFKid

TuFFKid New Member

I think T.O. is the missing link, so far he definantly has shown it. Someone like him on the team boost morale. No kidding open up the run game better. His Prescence is going backup those safeties giving more room for Westbrook.
  5. TeoMan77

TeoMan77 New Member

Hell yes TO can get them to the Super Bowl. As stated before, with the addition of TO to the offense, the other players are stepping up. Look at Pinkston and Westbrooke....

Also, with TO as the Go To Guy, that is leaving avenues open for the other players and it's seriously taking a lot of un needed stress of McNabb who has carried them to the championship in the past 3 years.

Yes TO is the missing link. He is helping the team stick together and he is making the other players step up thier games. I have been an Eagles for many years, and never have I seen them as tight as they are now, even with the loss to Pittsburgh... It's one game. Eagles, Patriots Superbowl.... Definate.:thumbsup:
  6. Z-Man

Z-Man New Member

and speaking of injuries... the man himself is out and if he even does come back, they have to make it to the Superbowl on their OWN first. see? it's just like I said... injuries > Philly
  7. hockeyman200

hockeyman200 New Member

I think that the falcons will beat them so my answer is no