CD Architect 5 in Virtual PC for OSX?

Discussion in 'rec.audio.pro' started by songpoets, Aug 24, 2003.

1. songpoets

songpoets Guest

I have a Mac with OSX and bought Toast/Jam/Peak because that is all there is
    for the Mac, apparently, that will serve my purposes. It is a painstaking
    process, and still doesn't do what I want. I particularly need adjustable
    volume envelopes with preview for each track of a CD before the burn. I have
    used CD Architect on the PC and that is exactly the application I need. But
    it's PC only. Is there anything like CD Architect for the Mac OSX? Last time I
    posted this question, Toast/Jam/Peak was the only answer, but it does not
    serve my purpose. I wonder if there has been new software or versions that
    have similar features as CD Architect. I have the Peak 4 LE demo, and that
    doesn't do it.

Hence, if anybody out there has ever tried CD Architect 5 in Virtual PC on a
    Mac OSX, please let me know how well it works, if at all. I really want CD
    Architect 5 on a Mac, but I don't want to buy Virtual PC unless I'm sure it'll
    work. I have a G4 867mhz Powerbook (will get a G5 when available) and lots of
    RAM. Thanks.
  2. Musicman

Musicman Guest

songpoets@hotmail.com (songpoets) wrote in message news:<YKW1b.1748$oJ.82@fe01.atl2.webusenet.com>...
    > I have a Mac with OSX and bought Toast/Jam/Peak because that is all there is
    > for the Mac, apparently, that will serve my purposes. It is a painstaking
    > process, and still doesn't do what I want. I particularly need adjustable
    > volume envelopes with preview for each track of a CD before the burn. I have
    > used CD Architect on the PC and that is exactly the application I need. But
    > it's PC only. Is there anything like CD Architect for the Mac OSX? Last time I
    > posted this question, Toast/Jam/Peak was the only answer, but it does not
    > serve my purpose. I wonder if there has been new software or versions that
    > have similar features as CD Architect. I have the Peak 4 LE demo, and that
    > doesn't do it.
    >
    > Hence, if anybody out there has ever tried CD Architect 5 in Virtual PC on a
    > Mac OSX, please let me know how well it works, if at all. I really want CD
    > Architect 5 on a Mac, but I don't want to buy Virtual PC unless I'm sure it'll
    > work. I have a G4 867mhz Powerbook (will get a G5 when available) and lots of
    > RAM. Thanks.

I run Sound Forge & CD Architect under virt. pc on my dual 1.42 OSX box.
    They run about as well as you could expect from an emulated OS. I have
    a 2nd external usb cd burner. I can burn CD's from architect without a
    hitch.

I'm considering giving Peak 4 a whirl, but I don't expect that it will totally
    replace Sound Forge.
  3. I bet it'll work, but you should also have a look at Spark for OSX.
    I'm not fully acquainted with it yet, but so far it seems to be very
    good software.

ulysses

In article <YKW1b.1748$oJ.82@fe01.atl2.webusenet.com>, songpoets
    <songpoets@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Mac with OSX and bought Toast/Jam/Peak because that is all there is
    > for the Mac, apparently, that will serve my purposes. It is a painstaking
    > process, and still doesn't do what I want. I particularly need adjustable
    > volume envelopes with preview for each track of a CD before the burn. I have
    > used CD Architect on the PC and that is exactly the application I need. But
    > it's PC only. Is there anything like CD Architect for the Mac OSX? Last time
    > I
    > posted this question, Toast/Jam/Peak was the only answer, but it does not
    > serve my purpose. I wonder if there has been new software or versions that
    > have similar features as CD Architect. I have the Peak 4 LE demo, and that
    > doesn't do it.
    >
    > Hence, if anybody out there has ever tried CD Architect 5 in Virtual PC on a
    > Mac OSX, please let me know how well it works, if at all. I really want CD
    > Architect 5 on a Mac, but I don't want to buy Virtual PC unless I'm sure
    > it'll
    > work. I have a G4 867mhz Powerbook (will get a G5 when available) and lots of
    > RAM. Thanks.
    >
    >