CD-Ripping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers' started by conradcliff, Mar 31, 2004.

1. conradcliff

conradcliff New Member

I was using Music Match jukebox, and was ripping cd's up to 39x with no errors and beautiful quality but now it only rips at 10x. I've tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling to system restoring to deleting every MMJB file that can be found on my system and reinstalling the prog with no luck. I've also tried EAC, Audio grabber, Media Jukebox, WMP9, easy CD-DA Extractor, Winamp, and others and they are all much slower. Anyone have any ideas????
  2. Chaffers

Chaffers New Member

Can you think of what else you've changed?

What operating system are you using?
  3. conradcliff

conradcliff New Member

Actually I figured it out, I had put a different dvd rom drive on that IDE channel, an older one, and it was slowing it down. I had heard that an ide channel will run at the speed of the slowest device connected but had never experienced it until now.
  4. ryancguy

ryancguy New Member

I use EAC and it is alright, the speed doesn't bother me
  5. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

Cd-Ex seems to be a good program for files. If you have DMA enabled on the ide cable (control panel/system/devices click on CDROM drive properties and tick box), it speeds up using direct memory access rather than the chip. This might help improve speed transfer as well as using 80 cable.