CellPhoneForums.net

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by tavenger5, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tavenger5

tavenger5 Mr Admin Guy Staff Member Admin

Would you like to see CellPhoneForums.net become its own site? There's obviously a devide between cell phone users and MIDI file users. The age groups are also quite significant. If this were to happen, content from midibuddy would be moved to cellphoneforums.net. Users and user posts would also be moved.

What do you think?
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  2. vinsanity

vinsanity $¢®ëWëзµÞ

i voted yes. my reason is because of what is happening to the senior staff. they shouldnt have to put up with the crap from the 'ringtone crowd' :mad:

but how much trouble would it be to do all that moving of members and posts?

EDIT: i see the split has already been done
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  3. tavenger5

Yeh, I was bored, so I did it. :)
  4. vinsanity

vinsanity $¢®ëWëзµÞ

reminds me of the wwe raw/smackdown brand split :laugh: -
    some crossing-over and a lot of little things to fix at first, but in the end will be better off for everyone....

hopefully.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2003
  5. dshinka

dshinka New Member

Why split them? It isn't that hard to move a MySql database, but the question wasn't how easy was it. The "ringtone crowd" can just post in that forum... changing the URL from http://cellphoneforum.midibuddy.net or whatever to http://cellphoneforums.net/ isn't gonna change anything. PLus, even if it is its own, independent site, they could still be affiliated, so the link would be moved to "buddies" from "cellphones" category, which wouldn't change much either
  6. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Definitely do it!

I joined this forum to talk about midi use and its relationship to music. Most of the 'phone guys don't even understand what midi is, nevermind where its place is in the order of things.

Personally, as long as my 'phone can send and receive calls, I couldn't give a toss about its ringtone - and I'm certainly not interested in downloading/making new ones, etc. I have nothing against people who do want to do this sort of thing - to each his own - but let's not clutter up a *midi* site with such nonsense.
  7. tavenger5

Yep, I already did the change. :)
  8. - Da Ville -

- Da Ville - HOME OF THE BEATS

hush yo mouth

don't diss the ringtone people. i still don't understand the use of a midi file for any other reason anyway. and if you aren't into making or downloading them, then what in the hell would you come here for? how much is there to really say about some imitation electronic music.

oh, am i cluttering this place by making and uploading midis for ringtones. that is why you are here isn't it? to talk about the midi's relation to music. i should stop cluttering this place and just burn some midi cd's and go cruising around jamming some hot midis. um....yeah.....
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2004
  9. Sakana

Sakana New Member

It makes good sense to me. They're quite different beasts.
  10. DougieGuitar

DougieGuitar New Member

Hi Tav

Yes the ringtone site should be separate...that way all of the ringtones won't clutter up the proper midis.

Too much time is spent weeding out snippets of songs used for ringtones rather than usable midi files.

Cut em loose...it's what they would have wanted!!! :)

Good to see the new sequencers are still keeping the boat afloat too..

Cheers

Dougieguitar
  11. andyyy

andyyy New Member

I don't really care one way or the other (even though it's already been done). It would just be nice to host the midi files at a central location though because my cash that I have at midibuddy is not carried over to CellPhoneForums so now I have to build up both accounts since some of the midi's exist at one location and other midi's at the other.

Also, I just wanted to give props to TRACKMASTA's post. That was hilarious man! Burn a midi cd and go cruising around jammin some hot midi's. Had to show some of my friends. We were bustin up. :)
  12. Midimusic10

Midimusic10 New Member

I dont mind what was done as I use and make Both midi types for who ever wants them but why since the change is CellPhoneForums.net never on line or very rarely as I enjoyed reading and helping where I could. It seems to be a waste of a very good thing I like this site but it seems to be going the same way as others have with more and more arguments that dont help anybody I say music is music in any form if it works then leave it alone.
  13. tammy

tammy New Member

setting the tone

i joined midibuddy for midis, not ringtones. set them to another ring.
    :assskake:
    t
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.