choices, choices... Which Cakewalk do I buy?!?

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by jeaniesing, Feb 22, 2004.

1. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

I wanna get around to buying so I can install at school... but there are SO many choices... any arguments as to the pros and cons of the different versions that might help me?
  2. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Each cakewalk version has it's merits. It really depends on what you want your sequencing program to do. You might want to have a list of things you want to be able to do with the program as well as examples. Otherwise you might find you bought a sequencer that either is overkill for what you intend it for, or buy one that doesn't meet your specific needs.

I use Cakewalk Professional because I like to interpolate function, and I also use alot of CAL script that I've created to make my job a little easier.

Good luck Jeanie. If you have any questions or want to give me a list, just email me and I'll be happy to help.
    ;)
  3. alx

alx New Member

Its worth not limiting yourself to one brand, I suggest also checking out Logic. Its extremely powerful.
  4. saxmidiman

saxmidiman Member

Good advice.

Just commenting on the program I'm very familiar with. Most people I've talked to really want me to switch to Cubase. I just haven't had time or energy to really check it out.
  5. dxee

dxee New Member

what version of cakewalk is the last?
  6. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Did you read the thread? ;)
  7. chasjules

chasjules New Member

I currently use cakewalk 9, but info on the net indicates that Sonar 3 from Cakewalk is as good if not better than Cubase or Audio Logic. Any comments??