Christian rock??

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by lissa_tayl, Mar 28, 2003.

1. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

anyone heard of Blindside?
    I saw their video Pitiful on MTV and fell in love with that song..only later did i realise they're a Christian band..
    i don't know how long they've been around since i have a vague memory of seeing their album in a Christian store long ago but i'm not sure...
  2. beefunger

beefunger New Member

some other good ones are pax 217 and 38th parallel who are kinda harder rock...
  3. Bonebreaker

Bonebreaker New Member

???

is there real christian hard rock?
  4. NBBChaz

NBBChaz New Member

Do you guys know any good Christian Rap Groups? I think those guys rock, any recommendations?
  5. MDniteStryKR

I have a track from Pax217 but it didnt even seem like hard rock to me..

most definately..there are even Christian Heavy Metal why not Hard Rock?
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
  6. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

P.O.D. has some good stuff I only really listen to their singles though, Evanescence has a good song or too on the Christian charts... (They seem rather pissed by that too! :laugh: whatever they suck as human beings I guess but some of their music is okay! I take that back... but how obtuse of them? Enjoy the extra record sales! sheesh. You make the music your fans decide how to classify you... ie good or bad, Rap or Christian Rock!...), Is Lifehouse Christian rock? I've heard Bono claim U2 as a Christian band... they could fill just about every genre though... true the lyrics are very Christian though...
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2004
  7. Freeze4934

Freeze4934 New Member

My fav Chrisitian artists:

Relient K
    Sonicflood
    Steven Curtis Chapman
    Mercy Me
  8. MDniteStryKR

Yeah i agree with ya..i have both The Fundamental Elements Of Southtown and Satellite and i only enjoy their singles..the radio stations here play em too many times though till i got sick of most of em..lol Evenesence again..they're Gothic and well i wouldn't classify as Christian (they're gonna like me then :p) Lifehouse dead yeah they are..the vocalist (Jason Wade is it?) is the son of an Aussie pastor..U2 they can say whatever they want to cuz i ain't in much favor of their stuff anyway..
    there's this band Pillar,i have their CD..it's kinda Rap-Metal..very similar to POD but their guitar's heavier..i saw this CD, X 2003 a compilation of Christian rock and alternative bands when i was looking for Blindside's CD online (I couldn't find it in this country!!) wanted to get it but i had already confirmed my order so i couldn't add anymore..there's an X 2004 as well which features Kutless, Switchfoot, Audio Adrenaline just to name a few..i think this's a good way to experiment rock bands b4 buying their cd and also for ppl who get sick of listening to the same voice over and over again ;)
  9. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

I love TFK. There Canadian too. :) Goin to see them live in a month. :thumbsup:
  10. U-110

U-110 Member

King's X used to be considered a "Christian Rock" band, but since Doug Pinnick (singer) admitedly lost his faith, I don't think they fit in that category anymore.

Still, they are one of the best american rock group out there!!! :rock:
  11. U-110

U-110 Member

Ooooops! Double post... :hit:
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2004
  12. G-man

G-man Prodigal Philanthropist

Yup, although some groups like U2 admit to being a Chr_stian rock band I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be a Chr_stian band although, it's obvious if you listen to much of their lyrics... same with Smashing Pumpkins... the members are Chr_stian and Billy is rather outspoken about his Chr_stianity... but... I like Jars of Clay they are one of the better songsmiths out there... then there's Creed they are rather heavy, POD certainly, I've recently grown to like Todd Agnew... his Grace Like Rain cd isn't bad... some very hard stuff on there as well as lighter poppy stuff, Switchfoot, Kutless, Audio Adrenaline, Newsboys, Seven Places, Silers Bald, Sixpence None the Richer (more poppy), Third Day... they have some nice stuff rather melodic, 12 ?Stones, Demon Hunter, Pax 217, Wrench, 1,000 Foot Krutch, Pillar, Petra, Normandy, Ancient of Days, Barlow Girl, Road to Revelation, Chozen, Jonah 33... there's quite a bit of stuff out there... and the Chr_stian bands certainly are getting better these past few years.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  13. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

Christian music is getting better, but Barlow Girl sucks, jmo. Has anyone heard their full CD?

Better Uncle Zel?
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  14. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Eek!! Kimmie, please work on getting your "there", "their", and "they're" straight! It's makin' me nuts! :crazy:
  15. hregino

hregino New Member

Evanescence is not exactly a Christian Band, but they sure had influences from the religion...

If anyone is interested, you can get the music LISTEN TO THE RAIN...
  16. spchick123

spchick123 New Member

yes i love switchfoot and reliant k
  17. gwheezy

gwheezy New Member

I love Christian Music. It's great to see God shine through music. The best CD's to get (in no particular order) Pillar - Where Do We Go Frome Here, Pillar - Fireproof, Kutless - Sea Of Faces, Falling Up - Crashings, All of Jeremy Camp - especially Stay, 12 Stones - Potter's Field, 38th Parallel - Turn The Tides, Jonah33 - Jonah33, Seventh Day Slumber - Picking Up The Pieces
  18. scuba

scuba New Member

rock?

supertones? switchfoot? delirious? :confused2 - pop bands, not rock...i saw two bands on this whole entire thread that are actually rock bands...no three...blindside, p.o.d., and chevelle. now i know what you're thinkin, of course he would say those three - those are three that have made it big in mainstream music. your right, but check out these who havent made it mainstream YET, but rock just as hard if not harder.

emo/screamo - dead poetic, emery, underoath, thrice

hard rock - pillar, staple, kids in the way

hardcore - norma jean, demon hunter, zao

matter of fact, check out www.toothandnail.com for a whole list of incredible christian rock bands, and their heavier side, www.solidstaterecords.com

dont know how heavy you are looking for, but this is rock!!
  19. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

I love Pillar, I got their CD this Christmas. Pretty good, I must say. I've been listening to 'Bring Me Down' quite a bit.
  20. chisoutesa

chisoutesa New Member

I love christian rock... i like jeremy camp's and kutless songs ^_^