Christian rock??

Discussion in 'Artists/Band Discussion' started by lissa_tayl, Mar 28, 2003.

1. kim_eh

kim_eh Gratified

Jeremy Camp isn't bad... haven't heard a lot of him.

I never really got Kutless though...
  2. doobie81

doobie81 New Member

switchfoot

I really like switchfoot currently....they sound so good...anyone likes them too?
  3. kennethalong

kennethalong New Member

There are quite a few Chritian Rock bands. I really don't like the kind of format they play on most of the Christian Stations.

If you want something awesome and different give Earthsuit a listen. Very cool band that mixes heavy rock, Rap and Fusion with great vocals. The band is now defunct, but their album is still easy to find online. The band split into two other bands and both of them are also very good: Mutemath and Macrosick, they both have EPs and are working on albums.

For good solid pop-rock stuff try Better Days Ahead (BDA).
  4. MDniteStryKR

MDniteStryKR I'll come back to you when I'm dead! Staff Member Super Mod

I take back what i said bout Switchfoot, they're awesome..i only like Dare You To Move and This Is Your Life though..i love the lyrics..makes me stop and think

Kutless is great, Kim..try listening to Your Touch or In Me, killer tracks..among my favs from their first album..havent gotten Sea Of Faces though..it was sold out when i went to get it :(
  5. asubabe

asubabe New Member

I kept hearing songs on the radio that I really liked. Well, all the songs turned out to be Jeremy Camp songs. I went out and bought the only CD I could find of his at the time - his latest, Restored. I loved it so much that I went out and bought his other two. I'm so addicted! Other than that, I typically listen to more adult contemporary/pop Christain music vs. Christian rock.
  6. MDniteStryKR

hmm jeremy camp pops up really often here..should check him out
    can someone please name me his best track so i can sample it...
  7. asubabe

asubabe New Member

Honestly, I find it hard to choose a favorite. His CD's are some of the few that I can listen to all the way through without skipping songs. His popular songs (as per radio play) are "Take You Back", "Lay Down My Pride" (Restored CD), "Walk By Faith", "I Still Believe", "Breaking My Fall" (Stay CD) and "Worthy of My Praise" (Carried Me CD). I may have missed one. I like all of these songs, but there are many others that are great as well.
    Hope this was helpful.
    Happy sampling.
  8. asubabe

asubabe New Member

9. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

Beautiful, dear. :) Sorry I missed your careful editing.... ;)
  10. MDniteStryKR

thanks asubabe..
    well now that i'm back at uni i dont have much time online but i'll try to get those
    thanks for the site but i dont think i can check em out since the computers at the lab dont have speakers and i dont wanna be the only weirdo bringing my own headphones hehe

thanks again!
  11. pdean6

pdean6 New Member

I know not many people would class U2 as a Christian band but U should really listen to their music before U say that their not, (e.g Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own), and my favourite Christian Rock bands would have to be Skillet, Flyleaf, Lifehouse and Switchfoot.