clavinova

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by rockin_robinz07, Dec 19, 2004.

1. rockin_robinz07

rockin_robinz07 New Member

I have a Yamaha Clavinova...also cubasis on my computer. When I record I have problems of the sound not being as crisp on the recording as from the piano.

Whats the optimum way to record the clavinova?

thanks in advance

Its a CVP 105
  2. Graeme

Graeme New Member

We could probably do with a little more information - but the first question has to be, are you comparing 'like for like'?

AFAIK, these things have their own amplifiers and loudspeakers built into them, so are you comparing the sound from these against the sound coming from another set of speakers (ie, whatever you have attached to your computer)? If you are, that could be the simple answer to the question.
  3. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

You should be able to play back the midi from Cubasis to the Clavinova which will play the chip in the piano and therefore the speakers. Playing back on the computer uses the in built sound card chip which are not that good unless you install the soundfont samples in the Creative SB series soundcards which are better quality.
  4. Mokolit

Mokolit New Member

I doubt you'll get as crisp a quality, i mean a clavinova compared to pc speakers...come on. But, what do you mean. Noise? I'd say there'd be noise and of course the piano sound wouldnt be as smooth as out of a real piano.