Click track

Discussion in 'Sequencing Software' started by drumboy, Oct 20, 2003.

1. drumboy

drumboy New Member

I have midi file formatted the way I want it How Do I Create a click track to play along with
  2. jeaniesing

jeaniesing Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

What program are you using? :)
  3. drumboy

drumboy New Member

I`m using Cakewalk Proffesional
  4. johnrowley

johnrowley Member

In cubase you can create a midi (track 10 for drums) and put in a bar of cowbell, then copy the whole bar throughout the song, viola a click track! You can mute this as well.
  5. jazzcat

jazzcat New Member

Drums always are on channel 10. Not track 10. Channel 10. There is a BIG difference between a track and a channel.
    For instance, you can have the snare on track 1, toms on track 2, bass on track 3, ride cymbal on track 4, high hat on track 5, etc, but they all must be on Channel 10. If you try to put drums on another channel they will wind up sounding like piano or another instrument.
    I use Cakewalk Plasma Express and an ancient version of Power Traks Pro. I'm also going to be reinstalling Voyetra Digital Orchestra Pro and using it as well.
    I can do click tracks in a 2 step process with my old PTP program. If you like I'll for some for you. Just send me the files you want a click in and I'll do it. Email the file/s to oneqtcat@juno.com
    Some files, may not be able to have a click put on. If they can't I'll let you know and tell you why.
    Cat >^..^<
  6. Graeme

Graeme New Member

Why don't you just turn the metronome on?
  7. bnjiman80

bnjiman80 Tangled Up In Blue

Another option might be to apply one of the cakewalk drumtrax patterns to your file...I don't use CW much myself, but I assume you could take out some events from say, a pop style, in the first bar- until its a pretty sparse beat- and then copy and paste it across the rest of your song...
  8. twist

twist New Member

For a click track in a live situation .. it may be common knowledge BUT it's also a good idea to pan your click track to the left and have the bass/organ/guitar or whatever panned to the right. That way you can just listen to the click track in one ear and hear the backing in the other ( assuming you're using headphones ) as well as run the right channel (not left) out to the front of house.
    :)
  9. mrmantx

mrmantx New Member

I have had a problem with panning for some reason. When I pan the click to the left, I can still hear a faint click coming out of the right side. Anyone know why this is?
    MrManTX
  10. hamer

hamer New Member

panning

i have the same panning problem...please help