computer prblem

Discussion in 'Computers' started by music_2000, Sep 12, 2004.

1. music_2000

music_2000 New Member

hi I was wondering if someone could help me here
    here's what happened. Okay every time I log in to my computer it AUTOMATICALLY logs me off and it doesn't matter which user name I log in as. I have a pentium 4 with 2.8 ghz etc and windows XP. basically this began last week on saturday. I really don't know how this happened but before then my computer used to come up with messages saying that error:C:run//dll. could not be found whenever i logged in. also I installed the program IMESH last week too and began using it a fair bit so maybe that had somting to do with it???
    someone said that I may have to refrormat my PC and re install windows but I really don't know what to do please help
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

The story is the same for all file sharing program users. You caught a trojan or virus from a bad download, and now it is doing its thing. Do you have any anti-virus or trojan removal programs? You should have at least AVG and Bazooka. Run them from safe mode, and get back to me.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2004
  3. music_2000

music_2000 New Member

but how do I log in if the damn PC wont let me log in ? I guess I shall have to re format the thing and lose everything
  4. ZelRiptha

ZelRiptha Thnow White but I drifted Staff Member Super Mod

5. subZYX

subZYX New Member

I think everyone who uses windows has to know how to (re)install it. Why? Because it's windows! ;)
  6. Sentertainme

Sentertainme New Member

You can still save your stuff, it's not entirely gone...
    As they said you can re-install windows, and there are many other options too!

I believe there may be some Virus scanners that operate in DOS (before windows has loaded)...but I'm not entirely sure, but I do know that there are Spyware removers like that.

Just look for a friend with either a copy of windows or cable internet and eMule (like kaZaa, but better), I mean...why should you have to re-format just cuz MS has coyrights...well, all I have to say is I don't ever see MS tech support rushing to my house!
  7. starblaster1

starblaster1 New Member

basically you have caught a virus or trogan which has deleted the startup program which windows uses to actually start up.

You said that an error came up: error:C:run//dll. This is the file windows uses.

You're gonna have to format your whole drive or reinstall windows from a CD.
  8. Zandro

Zandro New Member

OR... just replace the missing file. There is a more comprehensive error notification routine that can be used to diagnose exactly what files are missing. I've been able to restore many users' computers by simply replacing one or two files.