conversions

Discussion in 'Digital Audio & Recording' started by zercowsky, Jun 21, 2002.

1. infinite

infinite New Member

i think u have to record it live.... i mean within the computer using MIX Output RECORDING... :::i think:::
  2. ArtieFufkin

ArtieFufkin New Member

Sorry to contradict D200 on an off-topic, but YOU CAN convert bitmaps into editable Word documents. You can even convert scanned music transcriptions into midi files as well. But, you're absolutely right, .WAV to midi, even monophonically, is a waste of time.
  3. The Keeper

The Keeper The Keeper

I need about 300 words to get out what I want to say. thnx advancedflea & lostdave for commenting on the album. I was in a band called 'Ice' about 15 years ago to 10 years ago(therefore it went four 5 years). we did the hard life, etc etc, had 2 songs on triplej, played festival hall a couple of times, won battles of the bands etc. Then the'sex,drugs,R&R kicked in, the guys lost the plot, i said farewell losers. next phase, solo. That was 10 years ago. yadayadayada, now I work all the rsl, bowls, leagues, pubs from beaudesert to hervey bay.
    enter another soloist who works the same circuit. he's won awards for amateur song writing, in the country industry. says he writes words easy, music hard, I'm the opposite, music easy words hard. let's write something, the rest is the album(was going to say history, oh the cliche!)
    recording process, I write midifiles; no good for doing country all live; stuff that, midifiles; ok midifiles. then went from that to playing all the instruments and recording on home computer, after researching everything on the net. i ended up doing the bass as well, i already played keys and guitar, so bass was fairly easy. trial and error, mastered and produced it myself, more money in country than heavy metal, as far as i was concerned, also too old for the metal now. the only 'unlive' bit was the drums due to financial(we had no money) and studio(we had no studio) and mikes( we had one mike). All in all, turned out pretty good, but i learned a lot of do's and don't's and now have my shit together. also had a guy from missouri send me $20 american today, liked what he heard on my page and bought the album. Does that make me an international recording artist???
  4. advancedflea

advancedflea Nude bodyprint maker

I'm in a band. we dont do it for the "sex,drugs and r&r" or the money, we do it for the hell of it, and have fun on the way. :)