Converting MIDIs into a format for a CD

Discussion in 'Sequencing Hardware' started by Cactuar, Oct 24, 2002.

1. toggle_smurf

toggle_smurf New Member

I have had problems with the line-in method. Even with a good soundcard, the quality is just not great--lots of noise
  2. zed365

zed365 New Member

Check out CakeWalk/Sonar to convert to wav. Also, CoolEdit is brilliant for editting your wav and then converting to mp3. This can then be burned onto a cd. However, not sure if anybody uses this method but it owrks for me....connect a minidisc player directly to the output of your PC and record the file as it plays directly yo md. The sound quality is fine, and the MD has the distinct advantage of not skipping (esp if you are in a live situation). Hope the tip helps some of you guys.

Zed
  3. 50cent

50cent New Member

Interesting
  4. 50cent

50cent New Member

I wanted to ry it it work good
  5. Cactuar

Cactuar New Member

Cain2060,
    Your idea seems like it may work but I cannot find Comtasia anywhere on Kazaa or on the internet. Is there a website that distributes this program or is it called something else? Let me know, I haven't been on lately, sorry for the late reply.

Thanks
  6. Jonah

Jonah New Member

Play your midis through a midi keyboard(that has inbuilt sounds) and record out of the headphone socket with an adaptor and lead into a CD recorder with audio inputs. Radio Shack, Tandy or Dick Smiths with have the right adaptors and cords.
  7. Cactuar

Cactuar New Member

I have found out that many programs work but you have to buy them, or it will only record for a limited amount of time. I have tried DB Power AMP, the website does not have a midi codec for it to convert from midi to wave, mp3, etc. I'm just looking for a free program that will allow me to have unlimited recording time.
    Thanks for all of the suggestions that you have posted.

Another note:
    Not to affend anyone that thinks wingroove is great, but the sound quality is horrible on MIDI's. Other than that it converts just fine.
  8. Turbo

Turbo New Member

I'm having trouble converting Midi to Wav also with Cakewalk HS 2002. You should be able to do this by utilising Roland VSC DXi but I can not get this utility to download from the installation disk to the program on the HD. Any suggestions out there?
  9. cungcung

cungcung New Member

wingroove is cool
  10. DEViANT

DEViANT New Member

Cubase VST 5.1 has an export to audio file (i.e. WAV format) feature built into it which would do the job well, as you can fiddle the MIDI first.
  11. adawatk

adawatk New Member

get kazaa and search software