Converting MP3s to Midi

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by ankles4242, Apr 25, 2003.

1. ankles4242

ankles4242 New Member

Does anybody know if its possible to convert a Mp3 file into a midi file and if so how do you do it?
    Many thanks.:)
  2. Jobu

Jobu New Member

Yes, its a very simple process. Play the MP3 then figure out each note of each instrument and either manually input that into a sequencer program or learn to play it using Midi capable equipment and record the midi. Its just that simple:hit:
  3. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

even though i knew the answer... i couldnt resist checking ....just in case some genius could devise a way of interpreting each sound and converting it to midi
    ah well.... back to the keyboard
  4. JoeFred902

JoeFred902 New Member

Welll.........

It IS possible to use .WAV-Midi converters (must convert mp3s to wav first) but they are very inaccurate, and you would have to go in and edit the song a lot =(
  5. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

what about that intelliscore prog listed at the top of this forum??
    anyone tried it yet? i've just downloaded it but cant try it till i get home from work...
    has any produced a worthwhile midi from mp3 yet?
    :confused2
  6. lilruff

lilruff New Member

Mobile Music Polyphonic

I found another software.

"Our goal is to provide a software solution to convert or compose your favorite music to cellphone polyphonic ringtone. Now in internet, there are many free resource music file - midi, wav, mp3. How to convert these music file into cellphone polyphonic ringtone format? Following software will resolve this problem. One of polyphonic ringtone software is yours.
    - Mobile Music Polyphonic is a polyphonic ringtone composition software. It can convert your music into MIDI, sp midi ( nokia ringtone ) and mmf format (*.mmf) file. Wave to mmf, wav to mmf, mp3 to mmf and mp3 to wave file.
    - Mobile Music is a monophonic ringtone composition and convertion software. It can import rtttl ( nokia ringtone ), midi, imelody format and export midi, rtttl ( nokia ringtone ), imelody, emelody and key press base sequence ringtone format.
    - Mobile Music Pro is batch ringtone convertion and composition software. It is mainly for ringtone website user."

check: http://www.ringtone4me.com/
    for download
  7. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

I love those mp3 to midi converters, I love those mp3 to midi converters [just keep repeating that over and over] I love those mp3 to midi converters [aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!]:hit:
  8. tonyrome

tonyrome New Member

used a couple in the past...forgot the names of them...which shows how accurate they were! :)
  9. MrSuperglue

MrSuperglue New Member

They all suck.

You can use 'em only for MP3's with one instrument and no polyphonic tones.
    Or there is this piece of software that can do such a thing. (Read about it in some article) That garantees it can convert any MP3 into MIDI. Errorless! Only one bad; it costs $8000.
  10. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

geeeesssss $8000 once again.... GEEEEESSSSSS

MrSuperglue try and find that article, I would love to know if a perfect mp3 to midi conversion was possible, then maybe i'll do a quick eDonkey search and see if the price has fallen into my price range (read free to nearly free) hehehe
    ;)
  11. Midi Doc

Midi Doc New Member

What track splitter do you use mpau5??
  12. Rankinfile

Rankinfile Guardian Angel

Yeah, maybe you could explain this process in depth for us deficient midi folk. You mean you can actually split the tracks with a program and then record them in midi format for almost perfect results??? Please tell me more!
  13. jeo

jeo New Member

nope....there is no such software at the moment. When u convert from wav to midi all will be under one channel
  14. Shell

Shell New Member

Jobu, you make it sound easy to convert, but I am still confused about this process.
  15. pullmyfinga

pullmyfinga New Member

What costs $8000 that does this?
  16. Snowdragon

Snowdragon New Member

Can I get a free WAV to Midi converter off the net? I im provise music on flute and record it as a Wav, it'd be a heck of a lot easier to use a WAV to MIDI converter (no matter how crappy it is) to renotate as music than to playback the WAV to myself thousands of times to notate the midi. I like any equipment that saves time :)
    And whats the $8000 program called? If its as good as it claims, I might research it and see if any of my connections have it.... I know a few people into that sort of thing thing that might be crazy enough to spend that much money on a program and of course, if I knew the name it'd be easier to ask and beg to let me use it :)
  17. darwin

darwin New Member

the first post was the best advice. Listening to the song and learning it helps to be a better musician
  18. Snowdragon

Snowdragon New Member

It may help you be a better musician, but sometimes you have a time crunch and need the quickest way (or easy way) out! Besides which, some songs are way to complex to notate without perfect pitch, and that's not too common. Even with *really* good relative pitch, some songs are near-impossible to notate as a midi and other methods are necessary
  19. mike p

mike p New Member

That is very true, but i believe you can export your midi's as mp3's

maybe you could tell me why i get such a delay when i play my digtal piano though my computer i get a delay is using an instrument with cubase sx
  20. DMXMD

DMXMD New Member

I've looked everywhere and there's not one decent program. better learn how to actually make midi files from these songs cause if you do use the programs it's almost the same. edit edit edit