Create Midi Disc To Play On Karaoke Player

Discussion in 'Karaoke Files' started by johnlang, Sep 13, 2004.

1. johnlang

johnlang New Member

I bought a karaoke midi player that includes a midi disc that contains 7,700 karaoke songs with different video clips on its background. Sad to say, there were songs that I really liked which were not included on the midi disc. I have these songs on my computer on midi and kar file types. Now, I'm wondering how do I create a midi disc which could play on my karaoke midi player. (The player wherein you also have a karaoke songbook where you will find the song, then you put the corresponding number of the song using the remote control to play it) I searched the internet but there were no discussions pertaining to this. Does anyone know how to deal with it? :)

By the way, the karaoke that I bought was Karavision DVD - MiDi Karaoke System KMD-9800. Here's a webpage with the details of the player:

http://in-cebu.net/cac/product_info.php?products_id=354

I hope someone would know how to make a midi disc. Thank you. :)
  2. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Hi,

Can't you just burn them on a Cd and load them in your karaoke player ?

Kind regards,
    Alain
    www.mididesign.be
  3. johnlang

johnlang New Member

I don't think that it'll work that way. different karaoke players have different karaoke discs. the vendor said that if the disc does not come from the supplier, it will not work on your player. Althought I haven't tried it yet. Maybe i'll try to look at the midi cd's contents then try to create the same directories on the trial midi cd that I'll make. Hopefully it'll work but I'm afraid it might not. There's supposedly assigned numbers on each song, that's how you'll choose to play it on the karaoke player. That one, I don't know how to deal with yet. maybe somebody out there knows... help me out pleazeee!!! :)
  4. Ronny

Ronny Midi Mad Super Mod! Staff Member Super Mod

You can't burn midi onto CD as midi is simply instructions for the computer or keyboard to play the particular notes at the relevant time. You need to put them into an external source and then record them with a programme like cool edit pro or cubase. that's the only way my friend!.
  5. cool fool

cool fool New Member

I agree with Ronny, however, having visited the web site, this machine does appear to be a midi karaoke player, someyhing I've never seen before. I would be interested to hear how it works with midi.
  6. midiprog2000

midiprog2000 New Member

Hi,

Not true. The Karaoke player has a build in midi module. This means it accepts midi. So it seems obvious that it also can read data CD's with midi data, unless the manufacturer deliberately used another (or an encrypted) format to force the users of this device to buy the midi content from them.

Kind regards,
    Alain
  7. Rich_b

Rich_b Bass Cadet

8. johnlang

johnlang New Member

If you happen to visit any karaoke bars wherein you just press the numbers from a remote control to play the song that you want, that's the kind of machine I'm talking about. I tried opening the disc on a computer, the disc's videos played but the 7,700 midi songs are inaccessible. Maybe it needs a special player. Exploring the cd, the songs were not visible. Maybe it was compacted into a file with .bin extension. Regarding the sound quality, there's no problem I've encountered. I'm using my 5.1 pioneer home theater with the karaoke player. It sounds really good. I've also tried the power karaoke but it makes cd+g discs. this ais a different format. I thought before that it was the same with midi disc but it wasn't, though, my player is also capable of playing these cd+g or cdg files. Most of these cdg discs have mp3 files instead of midi.
  9. serenenytmar

serenenytmar New Member

Have you tried burning the midi's onto a cd yet? Just curious to know if it worked! =)
  10. johnlang

johnlang New Member

it doesn't seem like it'll work. i tried opening the supplied midi disc on my pc, it has files with unfamiliar file extensions. the songs were not visible. :(
  11. ghistheone

ghistheone New Member

i really want to know that what is a Karaoke player ?
  12. jamesjohnsto

jamesjohnsto New Member

A Karaoke player is a machine that
  13. jamesjohnsto

jamesjohnsto New Member

Apolgoies, accidently hit Submit. A Karaoke PLayer is a machine that you can insert special discs into, and it'll display the words to the song on the screen while playing the backing track, so that you can sing along ;)
  14. viapicante

viapicante New Member

15. nsone

nsone New Member

what?
    i'm lost.

I guess I'll have to reread. :\
  16. midman

midman New Member

There are actually only two kinds of karaoke disks: CDG (CD+G) and DVD. DVD is just as any normal DVD. CDG is like an audioCD + a subchannel with graphics (lyrics).

I have never heard about a midi disc. Is it on a CD medium or minidisk? If it is a CD, you can examine it in your computer.
  17. easyn

easyn New Member

i also have a VCD Midi Disc bundled with my Hyundai Platinum 98+ karaoke player with 7093 songs in it.
    I tried reading the disc in my PC CD-RW Drive & I can't see anyfile in it.
    I wonder how that 7093 songs with video/graphics background in every music fit into one cd. The quality of the audio & video is good though.
    Is there a way how to read/rip the audio/video in that CD?
  18. bojo

bojo New Member

sup all

karoake players can do midi, i have a 3 disc changer hyundai 99 premier and 2 of those midi discs one with 7,000 and one with aorun 12,000.

sadly 3/4 of these songs are in other languages and many are very old.

it would be possible to burn your own midi-CD, as they are called you would just need a program to put all the midi info into a .dat file and create the .dat files that tell where each songs is.

i love the midi it is better than cd+g and dvd, my discs even rate your performance (out of 100) and have the option to attach a videocamera so your are displayed on the screen (along with the lyrics).

i have about 15-20 cd+g discs and they are pretty lame, this is also what dvd discs are like. MIDI-CD are the best but they are not being made anymore, which is why i would love to know hot to burn em
  19. johnnyslilre

johnnyslilre New Member

.kar files to burn to cd

I have many .kar files on my computer and would lke to burn to a cd. what do i need to do. i have nero burning software. i'm just totaly lost. please help.
  20. midman

midman New Member

For example PowerKaraoke Plus.