Create Midi Disc To Play On Karaoke Player

Discussion in 'Karaoke Files' started by johnlang, Sep 13, 2004.

1. woid

woid New Member

Now I have looked at the VCD again.
    I have searched the data file for some strings like "love", "moon", etc both in ASCII and unicode but I get no hits. It seems like the lyrics is encode in some way. I have visually inspected the dump but can not find any pattern that looks like english words from the lyrics.

Then I started to verify the song entry table in the beginning of the file. The entries on my VCD does not follow the same format as described by hdtr6639. However, I am pretty sure that the table in the beginning contains offset to song entries. All entries have simular begin. They start with 5 bytes of different values, follow by the pattern:
    0 23 0 0 0 43 55 0 40 48 0 80 30 0
    Also, at an offset of about 1100-1300 bytes from the beginning of each song entry I find the pattern 00 FF C. I guess the first 1000 or so bytes (varible length) is the lyrics part, followed by the midi part (variable length, about 25000 bytes)

That is all for now.
  2. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

The (potential) TOC file is HOTDOC20. Look at 0x38501 of the file. I can see:
    0E 12 32 0E 2 BECOME 1
    0B 12 35 28 2 TIMES
    0D 12 39 25 500 MILES

The first byte is obviously the length of the following block. Now it's to find out the meaning of the following three bytes. Offset for HOTDOG00?

That's for now.

3. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

The address information becomes even more obvious when I look in HOTDOG30 at 0xf17f:
    1D 12 39 25 PAUL AND MARY : 500 MILES

The list is sorted by artist and the 3 values remain the same for the same song.

4. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

Look at the last (English) song in the list:
    0x4bf30
    0A 12 3A EA ZOMBIE
    07 14 46 F7 123

0x12 seems to be an ID for all English songs and 0x14 is a new list of another language. So, the offset could be only 2 bytes. If you look in different hotdog files you can recognize some block structures. I guess that the offset is pointing to different file depending on the language and the information blocks will finally lead to the data in hotdog00.

5. woid

woid New Member

I tried to sort the the entried by the 3 "unknown" bytes. It seems like the first byte is some kind of language identifier. This is what I came up with:

E : 12 31 1F : DON'T STOP
    10 : 12 31 20 : I FEEL LUCKY
    14 : 12 31 21 : I'LL HAVE TO SAY
    10 : 12 31 22 : MR MOONLIGHT
    D : 12 31 23 : RESCUE ME
    13 : 12 31 24 : I'M A SLAVE 4 U
    12 : 12 31 25 : OVER PROTECTED

... (English) ...

E : 12 40 38 : WANDERLUST
    1D : 12 40 39 : VOLTES 5 THEME (JAPANESE)
    1C : 12 40 3A : VOLTES 5 THEME (TAGALOG)
    17 : 12 40 3B : TITSER'S ENEMY NO 1
    1C : 12 40 3C : VOLTES 5 (ENGLISH THEME)
    D : 12 40 3D : WANDERING

1A : 14 46 E9 : Aanhin Pa Ang Pag-Ibig
    1A : 14 46 EA : Ako Sayo'y Maghihintay
    10 : 14 46 EC : Alab Ng Puso
    15 : 14 46 ED : Dahan Dahan Naman

... (Filipino) ...

8 : 14 4B 83 : Usok
    17 : 14 4B 84 : Mahal Na Mahal Kita

C : 16 59 D7 : Angelina
    12 : 16 59 D8 : Te Dejo Madrid
    13 : 16 59 D9 : Ay Hab Tu Hands
    11 : 16 59 DA : LAKI SA LAYAW

... (Spanish) ...
  6. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

That's right, see also my previous post.

Obviously, you've already got a script to read the TOC. Can I have it?
    Can you also provide some comments because I know that scripts for own use are usually a mess :)

Regarding to the size of the files, I guess that they are managed by a kind of DB system (don't know much about DB) and it might work with clusters, i.e. allocate space in blocks. Subsequently, you can have exactly the same size but different contents.

7. bigBOSS97

bigBOSS97 Member

8. woid

woid New Member

I have posted my "script" at the thread at nabble.com and continue the discussion there.
  9. musikahenete

musikahenete New Member

i am certain

you can not really play the cd of your own on the said player or any other player because like what one guy said here, they are using encryption. similarly, you can not play their cd on the computer. that is business of course. who will then buy their cd if we learn to create our own. in many MIDI company like ours, we are using system exclusive so that when our midi produced in a pack, it will be locked in there, no one will ever upgrade, or delete what has been stored in it. otherwise, you will wish to contact the provider for upgrades and other. Because ofcourse, like virusin ou pc, who created the virus has the one and perfect solution to cure infections....

(anyway, since MIDI issue is open here, i have more than 12,000 midi files for karaoke, ANYONE HERE KNOWS WHO BUY MIDI?)
  10. SaReof

SaReof New Member

Hi i am looking for a software that will also display the chords as they change during playback so i can play guitar along with the karaoke. i think karall player does it but do you know of any other that will do it?
    thank you
    Billy

KrazyKat Admin: Transferred
  11. backtrack

backtrack New Member

There is new software being release, MidiRip, able to rip MIDI karaoke files from a DVD MIDI karaoke disc. The software is free but it cost a buck to rip a song; however, you can preview all the songs the disc. Check it out at: http://midirip.com
    I am trying to get the hold of the DVD MIDI disc.