Cruise Ship Entertainers

Discussion in 'General Sequencing' started by foolsfortune, May 24, 2004.

1. foolsfortune

foolsfortune New Member

Just came back from my 4th Carnival cruise. Each time I go, I check out the entertainers....especially the one man band types with midi set-ups.

I talked to the guy this time and we swapped gear/music ideas. My wife and I were debating where he got his midi files. I bet he downloaded free ones, she bet he bought them.

I won. He and I both agreed tehre were too many free sources to bother with the pay for versions.

I would like to try a few and see if they sounded less mechanical though.........
  2. Zandro

Zandro New Member

Point taken. However, always remember that the MIDIBuddy Board is not and has never been primarily a MIDI download archive. MBB was built as an enthusast's community where one can exchange ideas and inform the questioning, and also to just have fun in the Chit Chat forum. I'm sorry that you find MIDI downloads so difficult here. There are plenty of other places you can go.
  3. songer

songer New Member

we use free files from the net, and also buy some rare midis or if the ones on the net don't sound really well, or don't meet our taste...

actually, it depends to the person sharing the file. if he wants to get some profit out of his hardwork, then he shares them. but some people have to make this for a living, too...

i personally think that professional musicians using midi should try buying files on the net, because they sound really great (esp the ones from hittrax). anyway, music as their living so it wouldnt hurt spending for something that helps you earn for a living...
    but, in fairness to those sharing their midi files, thanks for making our lives easier... :D
  4. iroquail

iroquail New Member

hi foolsfortune, if you bet that he downloaded the free midi files does that mean you thought he could have done better. Did they sounds good? Or rather that they were usable? Just trying to get an idea of how impressive his particular free files were against the pay for ones.